"We're going to be casting the charm one at a time!" Bill announced. (Y/n) and a few others grimaced at this. "Public presenting, I know, so incredibly horrid," he agreed. "But we've all gotta do it." He paused. "Second years, I want you practising Vermillious Duo," he added. "We know that this charm will produce red sparks and has the same components but is stronger than the Vermillious Charm. Let's see..." he trailed off, looking around the room. "Anyone want to go first and get it out of the air?" Three hands raised into the air, Cho being one of them. "All right." He clapped. "Cedric, Cho, and then Michael."

Cedric stood up and walked to the front of the room where Bill had motioned him. He followed Bill's movement, for Bill was showing how to cast the spell. Upon Bill's nod, Cedric chanted: "Verdimillious Duo!" as he waved his wand in a circular motion above his head. A red orb was thrown from the tip of his wand up into the air. It exploded and those in the room were blinded by the ruby light. It died down to mere ruby sparks, revealing any traces of Dark Magic. Fortunately for them, there were no traces of it.

"Alright!" Bill high-fived Cedric as the charm wore off. "Cho, let's go!"

"That rhymed," Alicia whispered.

(Y/n) grimaced as Bill called on her. The twins, on the other hand, cheered loudly. Bill gave them a warning look as (Y/n) very slowly stalked to the front of the room. She held her thin white wand in her left hand and raised it above her head. She moved her wand in a circular motion.

"Verdimillious!" she chanted. She shut her eyes as an orb of green glowing light exploded in the air. As the emerald light faded out to mere green sparks around the dark room, (Y/n) beamed. She held out her hand, catching one of the sparks as it fluttered down. The class clapped respectively, with the exception of the twins, who again cheered loudly.

(Y/n) joined Cho back on the floor, where the two whispered excitedly to one another. When the lesson had concluded, Bill rewarded them all with a small box of Every Flavour Beans or a chocolate frog.

"Definitely no regrets," Cho muses as they walked through the corridors. "Wish Marietta came, though."

"Next week!" (Y/n) beamed. "Hey, do you think you can help me knit?" she asked. "My godmother sent me a book for the basics, but pictures and actually seeing someone knit are two different things."

"Sure!" Cho chirped. "I first learned how to make a little patch. A coaster, if you will—" she was cut off by an all too familiar Hufflepuff calling (Y/n)'s name. Cho's face reddened as Cedric jogged up the steps to meet them. (Y/n) side-eyed Cho, smiling. 

"Hi," (Y/n) greeted.

"Hi," Cedric greeted in reply. "And hi, Cho." He smiled at her. 

Cho gaped. "You... remember my name?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Cedric mused. "It's hard not to remember the girl who dropped her ink bottle." Cho grinned awkwardly, her face becoming a darker shade of red. "Anyways, I wanted to talk to you yesterday, but Penny and Tonks dragged me away before I got the chance," he continued, now addressing (Y/n). 

"Oh. What for?" (Y/n) asked.

"I was going to ask if you were going to Bill's lessons, but that's already been answered," Cedric replies.

"Was that all?" (Y/n) asked, walking backwards up the stairs and holding onto the railing.

"Well..." Cedric trailed off, looking quite embarrassed now. "You know how to Movie Club is having a Hallowe'en festival?"

"I do!" (Y/n) beamed. "The Theatre Club is lending students costumes if they request one."

"Really?" Cedric asked.