────── twenty-four

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

═══ TURNING TABLES ═══

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ILLUMINATED BY A COUPLE OF LIGHT BULBS dangling overhead, Chifuyu's eyes widened in shock. Rooted to the spot in the center of the room, with ten pairs of eyes fixed on him, he swallowed hard, staring at the gun in his hand.

"There a three choices you can make," Hoshino Ken went on to explain, circling the three teenagers.

He halted behind Baji's chair for a moment. "One. You shoot Baji and Akiko gets to live."

Moving on to Akiko, he placed a hand on her shoulder, making the girl shudder. "Two. You shoot Akiko and let Baji live."

And, towering over Chifuyu himself, he said, "Or three. You shoot yourself and both of them get to live."

He left the circle and stood between Kurayami and Itachi. "Whichever choice you make, one of you will never see the light of day again."

A drop of sweat trickled down the side of Chifuyu's face. He glanced between Baji and Akiko fast enough to give him whiplash. Either, he had to shoot the first person he had been nice to at twelve years old, putting aside his reputation as a delinquent to befriend the fierce and fearless Baji Keisuke. He considered the ravenette to be his best friend.

Or he had to shoot the girl he was in love with. The first girl to conquer his heart. It had only been about three weeks since their first meeting, but they had already been through ups and downs together and the attraction between them was something neither of them could ignore.

He had hit a dead end in his life.

Neither could he do any harm to Baji - that much had been clear when he failed to stop the raven-haired boy from running headfirst into a fight against Valhalla - nor could he hurt the girl he had sworn to protect.

In his heart, he knew there was only one possible choice he could make.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

──── ˚✩ ༘*ೄ˚ ────

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

BLOND HAIR WHIPPED IN HIS FACE as he rode on the back of his precious CB250T. Absolute fury had taken a hold of his heart, blinding him to the point his whole world appeared red. Hot on his tail were Draken as well as the captains and vice-captains of Toman.

Less than an hour ago, Seina had called Shinichiro, letting him know that she was safe and had met up with Fengari. She had also claimed to know Akiko's location. She had asked them to meet her on the outskirts of Tokyo, where some abandoned buildings were frequently used by Pandemonium to cover up their crimes.