You understood where he was coming from, and this job could be a good thing for him... hopefully he wouldn't have to stay with Bonten for long... and hopefully he wouldn't have to actually kill anyone anymore. You wanted him to lead the normal life he wanted and not get held back by his past, and he seemed pretty mature about it too.

"Fine... as long as they get you a good job, then I understand." You told him which earned a huge grin from Sanzu. He leaned over and kissed you on your forehead. "Of course, I know they'll set me up somewhere good." He tells you and you nod.

"On a different note though... you know Mikey's friend Draken right?" You ask him and he frowns a bit. "Yeah, why?" He questions back. You proceed to tell him everything that happened after he left to meet the Haitani's. He was a bit shocked after hearing the whole thing. "Hm, yeah they were close... but anyways we should start planning that memorial for him so we can finally put this whole thing behind us." He suggests and you agree. After dinner you both get to planning.

Timeskip

It was the day of Mikey's memorial. You invited everyone and met them at a hill right next to the cemetery which had a grand tree. You greeted everyone before going to stand directly in front of the tree, getting everyone's attention. "Thank you guys for coming... I didn't know Mikey like all of you knew him, but still Haru and I wanted to put something together for him. If you guys have anything to say about him please feel free to." You tell everyone, a gentle smile on your face.

Kazutora went up to speak first. He took in the gazes of everyone else before taking a deep breath. "Mikey was someone who took me in. I first met him when Baji took me to see him. From that day on I stayed by his side... it was a little bumpy at first but I won't get into that. Anyways you guys know about what happened... I killed his brother which caused me to hold a grudge against Mikey." Your eyes widened at Kazutora's words.

"I killed his brother and then I basically killed someone else very dear to Mikey. I regret that grudge I held against Mikey... I do. I thought he hated me as well but he forgave me... he actually forgave me. I don't know how, but he did. I wish I had never hurt him, I feel that when I took away two important people from his life, that contributed to his struggles. I wish I could've helped him... but all I could do now is hold on to the memories I have of him." Kazutora finishes up his speech, you were still in shock at this new information that no one had told you, but it was time for Takemichi to speak.

"When I first met him... everything honestly happened so fast. I wanted to stay with him though, to grow with him. No matter what I just wanted to protect him... this time I couldn't do that. He was like a brother to me as I was to him.. I just wish we got to spend more time together. We have so many memories... I remember when he and Draken gave me my first bike." Takemichi started to tear up.

"He was strong... the strongest person I knew. I remember always thinking about how cool he was, I wanted to be just like him. I never realized how much he struggled... I should have. I always thought i'd be the one to help him or protect him... but when I found out about his dark impulsivity and him being in Bonten... I don't know, it just wasn't the Mikey I knew, or thought I knew. I wish he could've gone to my wedding... I wish I could've possibly seen him married one day as well. I hope he's at peace now, he's definitely made a huge impact on our lives."

Takemichi was now full on crying as he finished, Hina hugging him while Sanzu went up. He looked a little nervous to speak in front of everyone. He sighed before starting. "Listen, Mikey was the greatest guy I knew. Even after not being able to get along with the other divisions in Toman, he never gave up on me. I was very loyal to him as you all know, which is why I followed him to Bonten."

"I can't explain why I was so loyal... but he was one of the people I could never betray. I wanted to be by his side the most, no one else really mattered. He was an important piece in my life so when he betrayed me by almost killing the love of my life... it really hurt. I didn't know what to do, I wasn't sure why it happened... i've been with him for so long so why would he hurt me like this?" Sanzu looked down at the ground below.

"And then when we found him... that day. I wasn't prepared for him to do what he did. Everything happened so fast as I watched him meet his end. I still wish we could've discussed more, my life is completely different with him gone but... i'm so glad i'm not alone. My amazing girlfriend has been with me through everything, while also being pretty traumatized from the situation. It would've been nice for Mikey to attend Y/n and I's wedding one day... I wish he could've lived to also accept our relationship."

The rest of the attendants spoke, all the speeches pretty emotional. Since there was no gravestone for him yet, the best you guys could do was a rock which had his name, date of birth, and date of death carved into it. Everyone gathered around as you placed the rock against the tree, people like Hina and the twins placing flowers down next to it. "We'll try to get him a real gravestone soon." Sanzu spoke aloud to everyone as he wrapped his arm around you, staring down at the flowers.

A few conversations were exchanged between everyone before leaving. Everyone headed back to their cars along with you and Sanzu who had taken the same car. Sanzu started to drive, but you noticed he wasn't going in the direction of your home. "Is this a different way home?" You asked him and he simply shook his head. "I've got a surprise for you, Y/n." he spoke, you were confused but decided not to dig anymore.

You both continued to drive in silence, Sanzu seemed a bit... nervous? You brushed it off, a little nervous for what this surprise could be, but surprises could be fun... right?

a/n: IM WATCHING STRANGERS FROM HELL AND OHMYGOSH THE DENTIST GUY OHMY I DON'T SUPPORT HIS ACTIONS BUT WOW HE'S SO FINE