👑The Truth👑

Warnings: none that I know of.

Genre: Fluff (With some touch of comedy here and there)

Work was exhausting today—like always—and you wanted nothing but to lay down on your bed

Work was exhausting today—like always—and you wanted nothing but to lay down on your bed. Just letting the tiredness seeped out from your body after finding your favourite pillow and inhaling the similar scent of home was really tempting.

But before you could indulge in the sin called Sloth, you have to finish your hellish reports first.

Half Year End Closing is just around the corner. You knew you couldn't sleep well during those times, so best be prepared and finish some small tasks before you pulled all-nighters for that nightmare.

Another heavy sigh escaped your mouth before you sipped your iced Americano with a frown.

The ladies were gossiping about the neighbouring country whose King was currently laying in bed, sick. The country's affairs had to be managed by the seven princes, especially the eldest.

Yes, the neighbouring country has seven princes.

"Don't you think it's time for the princes to find someone? The Crown Prince is twenty-seven now, and he'll be ascending the throne soon."

"Yeah, you're right. But hey, aren't we more or less the same age as the Crown Prince?" your co-worker giggled while twirling the straw on her drinks, "Don't you think we might have a chance?"

"Don't be ridiculous! We're commoners!" another one said, "Besides, we're not even their citizens." She clicked her tongue in annoyance.

'Yeah, we're only commoners who had nothing special to brag about...'

Would be nice if you can come home to a wonderful palace and had attendants tending to your every needs; enjoy the days with luxurious items and respect from others; and have absolutely no worries about food on your table or monthly rent.

But then again, the responsibilities were nothing easy. Royals are responsible for their subjects' well-being.

If you're truly a human being, how could you sit back and relax with the money your subjects worked so hard for; while they are suffering on the streets, probably haven't eaten anything for days?

You swallowed a heavy lump on your throat. Just thinking about their responsibilities made you sick.

"What about you, MC? Any Princes that caught your eyes?" your co-worker wiggled her eyebrows.

You were too lost in your thoughts to even realised the topic had change.

"Come on, now! Don't be shy! As for me, I absolutely love Prince Satan. He's so responsible. And did you see the latest news? He's the one who closed down the illegal underground market. They were selling slaves and drugs!"

"Well, I'm all for Prince Asmodeus. Did you see the newest fashion trends that he set? I swear he's so gorgeous!"

"What about Prince Mammon? He's hot too! And he's really kind. There's a lot of rumours that he's the backbone of the Crown Prince now. So dependable!"