Chapter Two - Chaos and Poetry

Start from the beginning

"Yoink!" Emira said and shook swiped the letter.
"Hey!" Edric called.
Emira coughed into her hand as she began reading the letter. Edric tried to take the paper but Emira pushed her away, reading the letter.

Amity couldn't help but roll her eyes at her siblings stupidity.
"Can't you two grow up?" She asked.

"Hi Hunter, thank you for your letter, your poem was very touching! I agree that gold is a beautiful color." Emira started laughing.
"Give it back!" Edric called.
"You and the blond kid are exchanging poems?" She asked and giggled.
"Just give back my letter!" He yelled, ignoring the question.
"Fine fine..." Emira said and handed him the paper, he snatched it from her hand.

He picked up his pencil and letter and left to go finish his writing in his room.
He sat down on his bed and continued writing.
So far, he had written,

Hi Hunter! Thank you for your letter, your poem was very touching! I agree that gold is a beautiful color. Your poem is pretty good for someone who doesn't read poetry much.
My day is going pretty well so far.
In your letter you asked me what I do in my free time....
a play a lot of Hexs Hold Em' cards, it's a card game. If you don't know how to play I'll happily teach you! It's pretty fun.
I also, as you probably realized, like poetry.
I also work in the illusion track at my school. I go to Hexside. Both my sisters go there two, Emira and Amity.

Anddd, how's the red bird palisman? What's his name? Or is he not your palisman?
But what about you, I don't think I ever asked what you do in your free time. I'd like to know.

And maybe we could meet up sometime? Maybe tomorrow at the library if you'd like? At 5 maybe?

-Edric

He finished it there and put it into the mail. Then he moved on with his day. But no matter what, from time to time his mind also ways drifted back to Hunter. He had a beautiful smile.
"Ugh, get your mind out of the gutter Edric..." he mumbled as he thought of Hunter happily smiling. He was losing focus on his work.

The next day, the mail arrived. Hunter was the first down to check it, he quickly grabbed his letter from Edric and shoved it into his pocket before tossing the other mail to Kikimora. He ran up the stairs to his room and happily read the letter.
Hunter wrote a good response letter, but then he got to the end of what Edric asked. If they wanted to meet up.
Well, that would require him to sneak out considering he was really meant to be wandering around outside, unless on a mission. He could take a risk if it meant seeing Edric again.
He finished writing his letter, but didn't send it yet. He would send it when he got back, and he looked forward to it. He went and took off his mask and such so he wouldn't look like 'The Golden Guard.' He was really excited to go see Edric again. But he wasn't sure why...
Hunter debated on why he liked Edric so much.
Was it because he liked being known as Hunter and not 'the golden guard.' Or was it because he liked his company? This was all so confusing! Hunter groaned in frustration. He looked over at his clock. It was 4:45, he should get going.

"Come on Rascal, we're going to meet Edric!"
Happily, Rascal flew down from the shelf he was on and turned into a staff. Hunter had recently let Rascal stay in his room on his shelf between a set of books and one tilted book on the shelf, with some cloth between the books to make it more comfy. Rascal seemed to like it. Hunter quickly grabbed the book of poetry

Rascal flew Hunter down to the library.
Once they got to the ground, Rascal settled down in Hunters hair once again, miraculously, without him noticing.

"Hey!" Edric called happily. He quickly ran to say hi, Hunter waved at him happily.
"It's good to see you." Edric said, just barely avoiding running into Hunter from how fast he was running.
"Good to see you to." Hunter replied.
"I brought some Hex's Hold Em' cards if you're down to play." Edric said.
A big grin formed on Hunters face, "I'd love to!" He said happily.

The two walked into the library. Hunter returned the poetry book and the two went upstairs in the library to a seating area.

"So, if I want to win I have to destroy your monsters and bring you life points down to zero..?" Hunter asked.
"Yep! But you can also use your monsters in defensive mode so you don't take damage." Edric said. Hunter listened with fascination as Edric explained the rules of the game to him.
Hunter beat him 3 times in a row.
"It looks like the teacher has become the taught." Hunter said.
"In your dreams, blondie!" Edric said and giggled.
The two of them talked about their days, Hunter kept the compromising details about who he was and his uncle to himself but still talked about his lives frustrations, as did Edric. It sort of brought them closer in a way.
After that they went and looked at fantasy books.
"This ones about a world where all people care about are grades and green paper." Edric said and flipped through a book.
"Heh wow." He said.
"And none of the characters have magic." Edric added.
"Must be pretty rough for them, not having magic is kind of...uh..." Edrics voice trailed off as Hunters smile dropped.
"Must be pretty hard. These characters must be really dedicated and determined." He said.
"What about you? Did you find anything?" Edric asked.
"Oh, yeah!" His smile returned.
"It's a book about a school for kids who wear robes and wave around sticks. It's written by Just Kidding R, and it's called 'Harry Pott'" Hunter said.
Edric giggled.
"Sounds like a good book." He said.
"Yeah.." Hunter said smiled.
They put the books back on the self and went back to messing around.

"Hey, want to see something cool?" Edric asked.
"No, I don't." Hunter replied with a blank face.
"Oh." Edric said.
"I'm kidding! Yes I want to see!" He said.
A smile grew onto Edrics face and he began to do circle magic.
He made an illusion that looked like him.
"Heh, see?" Both he and the illusion said at the same time.
"Cool! Very cool, Ed." Hunter said. Edric then waved away the illusion.
"Speaking off, what track do you take?" Edric asked.

Hunter was quiet for a moment.
"I don't have magic." He said quickly and quietly, hoping Edric wouldn't hear and they would just move on.

"You...don't have magic...?" Edric asked.
Hunter stared at the ground in shame, he was blushing.
"N-No..." he said.
"Ok! Well then. Want to check out the My Human Academia books?" Edric asked and smiled.
Hunter was silent for a moment.
"It doesn't bother you that I'm a powerless witch?" He asked quietly.
"No! Of course not, why would it? You're my friend." Edric said.
A pained but happy smile grew onto Hunters face.

He hugged Edric, Edric was surprised at first but hugged him back. Knowing that he had probably gone through many hardships because of this. They hugged for a good moment. "Thank you..." Hunter said, just loud enough for Edric to hear.

"Oh! U-Uh, sorry about that!" Hunter said and pulled away, realizing what he had done.
"S'all right. I don't mind." Edric said and winked. "I'm always down for a good hug." Edric said.
They spoke for a while, just hanging out like normal kids.
And in those moments, Hunter finally realized why he did love Edric.

_________________________________________

Rose_Vinex, ready for battle!

I JUST REALIZED IVE BEEN SPELLING IT BELLOWS- THINKING THAT IT WAS A COOL PUN BUT IT'S ACTUALLY SPELT BELOS- HELP ME.
Also I have a feeling Blight is spelt Blite.
But yep, clearly I don't know what I'm doing.

Hippity-dippity, this story escalated quickly.

Another update later today or early tomorrow. I didn't want to cram everything into one chapter soooo-

Anyways, hope you enjoyed.
Bye reader!