i. | new normal

┌┄┄◦◡◦┄ ψ ┄◦◡◦┄┄┐
CHAPTER ONE!
𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕝
┖┄┄◦◠◦┄ ψ ┄◦◠◦┄┄┚

┌┄┄◦◡◦┄ ψ ┄◦◡◦┄┄┐CHAPTER ONE!𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕝┖┄┄◦◠◦┄ ψ ┄◦◠◦┄┄┚

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶ ψ ˂┈∘┈┈ - -

THE PLAN HAD instantly gone to shit the second Salene stepped foot into the bunker. She thought she had a chance at stealth but it didn't seem to be that way considering everyone somehow knew she was going to be entering through that door at that exact time. Still, she needed this mission completed.

Instead of sneaking up on the HYDRA agents, she simply blasted them back, and now that her suit was made out of metal, she was able to listen as their bullets bounced off her. It was funny to her.

There were five men in the hallway, all armed with standard guns. Salene began to rise in the air, stopping when her horns scraped the cement ceiling. When the HYDRA agents saw that she wasn't touching the ground, there was a hesitation in how they fired. But they still fired. Salene rushed them, blasting the first two in the chest and sending them flying back. She landed in between the set of the next two men and smirked. She jumped, kicking one man and punching the other. They crumpled to the ground and she sent two blasts, one for each to make sure they'd stay down. After that, she looked to the last man who was now shaking in his uniform armor. Salene rushed him, heating up her hand so hot that the suit retracted to her forearm and she put the man in a chokehold.

He only had a few seconds of a strangled scream left in him when he too stopped and went limp. Salene dropped the body and shook her hand, cringing at the smell of burning, melted flesh.

Salene shuddered in disgust and crouched as she moved down the hall, sticking close to the wall in her right, occasionally looking up at the windows at the top of the wall adjacent to her. The windows seemed to be just above ground, bringing natural light down into the bunker, making the weak fluorescents that buzzed above Salenes head almost useless.

Turning a corner, Salene began to hug the wall as voices echoed down the halls.

"They just stopped, you said?" One voice spoke.

"Yeah, I don't think they won sir," another, seemingly young voice had answered.

"Send everyone we have after her, we must delete everything before they can get their hands on it," the older voice commanded. Footsteps began to echo into a softer, quieter frequency. Salene huffed, smoke creeping out of the cracks of her suit.

She shook her head and jumped around the corner, an old man with greasy white hair in a lab coat stood before her.

"Black Widow?" He asked. Salene scoffed and jumped the man, making him fall on his back. She grabbed two fistfuls of his coat and lifted them in the air, when her back touched the ceiling, she slammed him down, listening for the disgusting crunch of his skull.