| fourteen ; separated and overcame with devastating news

Start from the beginning

"my grandson, welcome back," he said and hugged him.

"missed you grandpa and look! i brought miss y/n with me!" baek-hyun exclaimed.

y/n smiled as she bowed, "it's been a long time mister ha-neul."

"you're starting to look a lot more like your mother. but you have your father's gentle smile," ha-neul said. y/n smiled in return as she imagined their smiling faces.

"so what brings you here?" ha-neul asked.

"well, y/n wanted to train with us. she wants to unlock her full potential for the upcoming jeju island raid," baek-hyun said.

"you created my sword, mister ha-neul. you taught mom and dad, so i was hoping you could teach me to fight well just like you," y/n said.

ha-neul sighed and nodded his head, "i will do my best to help you but when it comes to skills, you must conquer that alone."

݄݃*₊TIMESKIP
∘* ˚.

y/n ducked as she avoided ha-neul's attack. she panted and swung her sword towards him but he avoided it quickly by kicking it away.

she clicked her tongue as she quickly jumped back when ha-neul attempted to sweep her feet. y/n reached out her hand as she concentrated her thoughts. ruler's authority.

her sword quickly came back to her and she gripped the hilt of the sword. she quickly recovered from the ground and blocked ha-neul's sword that was directed at her face.

her hands began to shake and ha-neul started applying more pressure. a bead of sweat rolled down the side of her face and she quickly pushed ha-neul away before using ruler's authority to push his body back.

y/n ran towards him and swung her sword. ha-neul's grip on his sword was no longer there as it fell to the ground next to him. she quickly held the sword next to his throat as she grinned at him.

"i win."

ha-neul smiled as he clapped his hands, "impressive i must say. you're certainly much better than my grandson over there."

"grandpa!" baek-hyun exclaimed with a pout.

ha-neul laughed and shook his head. y/n chuckled and stretched out her hand, helping ha-neul to stand up.

"you did well today, y/n. i don't see a reason why you need me to teach you. your skills are that of a great warrior."

"really?" y/n asked.

ha-neul nodded his head in response, "yes, really. now, you two should start making your way back. it's almost ten o'clock. you can always come back."

"thanks mister ha-neul, see you soon!"

"bye grandpa!"

as baek-hyun drove y/n back home, y/n heard a ding! sound. she checked her phone but saw no messages.

that was until the system opened up before her. her eyes widened as she saw a tiny red dot at an icon that seemed like a chat function.