He caught me staring at him immediately, flushing as he grinned at me. I couldn't help but to coo as I made my way over to Harry with a smile before wrapping my arms around his waist and smiling up at him. "She's getting so big so fast." Harry breathed out a laugh as he pressed a kiss to my head before the two of us turned our attention back to Vera. She looked so cute taking two steps then stumbling to the ground, a confused look on her face as she turned to stare at us. I watched in amusement as Harry ran over to her, picking her off the ground and bouncing her up and down, blowing raspberries into her neck as she squealed.

I love my perfect little family.

I love getting to experience these little moments with them, it's so incredible. I love that this is my family, people who I love and cherish most in the world. I never felt like I used to have a family, at least not a complete one, until I met Harry. He let me in and accepted me right from the very beginning and his family soon became my family. Now, I have my very own with Harry and I love them so much, I couldn't be happier.

As soon as we arrived at the house Anne and Raya took Vera out with them while they did some errands, wanting to spend some more time with her, which leaves Harry and I alone at their house. Raya teasingly warned us before she left the house to not make a second baby while she's gone but she had nothing to worry about when it comes to that. Her and Anne didn't know what we had found out last month.

Harry and I had talked about expanding our family in the near future, thinking about if we wanted Vera to have a sibling or not. Seeing the bond Harry and Raya have made the decision easy for me and Harry agreed but he wanted our kids to be closer in age, so we decided to start trying again.

A few months had passed and every negative pregnancy test hurt more than the last. Harry could tell how upset it was making me so we went to the doctor's and let them do an examination, take blood work, and do whatever else was necessary. "Whatever t-they say, you know w-we'll be alright, yeah?" Harry had said as he rocked Vera while we waited in the office a few weeks later, anxiously awaiting the news. I nodded my head but I wasn't prepared for what they had told me.

Secondary infertility.

I never even knew that was a thing but it clearly was and it is something that I was experiencing. Apparently, I've got primary ovarian insufficiency which is something my mother has too. I'm prematurely losing my eggs, making a second pregnancy damn near impossible. My ovaries aren't making new eggs and instead, I'm just losing all the ones I currently have. And of course with my fucking luck, it's incredibly rare at my age.

The doctor was listing some of the symptoms and it made my heart sink when I realized I checked almost all of the boxes off. I thought nothing of my hot flashes or dry eyes or even my lack of concentration sometimes in my classroom I just thought it was my body reacting to being a new mother, I didn't think it was anything serious. My period hasn't always been the most regular either and when I had my IUD I never really thought about it again.

The more symptoms the doctor kept listing the more upset I was getting. Harry cut him off and said we understood, hinting for him to stop, which he did. As soon as he left us alone I burst into tears, luckily not waking up Vera who was napping in her stroller. Harry was quick to pull me into his lap, his own eyes leaking silent tears as he coddled me.

I went to open my mouth to apologize but Harry beat me to it. "D-Don't you dare apologize." He said as I nuzzled my face into his neck, soaking it with tears. "I'm sorry b-baby, you don't d-deserve this. But h-hey, at least we d-don't have to deal with a j-jealous Vera. If she's anything l-like me then we'd be in t-trouble." He chuckled, making me lightly smile. "Or w-we can always adopt if we s-still want more kids. We h-have options pretty girl, d-don't worry. I love you, yeah? S-So, so, so, m-much."