Chapter 36

Juliet's POV

"Mom?"

"Yeah, it's me! I'm coming back from Africa to see you! Isn't that great?" She asked.

"Uh...yeah..." I said, as I started to roam around the dressing room.

"Juliet, the guys are going on stage soon, if you want I'll lead you to the curtains." A worker came in and said.

"Who was that?" My mom asked.

"It was just my friend." I answered, as I nodded to the worker and she led me to the wings.

It wasn't far from the dressing room, and when I went towards Hayes, he hugged me instantly.

He realized I was on the phone, and he mouthed, "who's that?"

I mouthed back that it was my mom, and he raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"I'll be in New York in two days, I'll see you there?" She said, like a question.

"Yeah-h..I'll see you then." I said, and we exchanged I love yous before we hung up.

"Why is your mom calling you?" Hayes asked.

"She's...uh...coming to New York to see me again, and...she wants me to live with her...like before." I said, and he nodded, absorbing everything in.

"She doesn't know everything that happened?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"No...um...she doesn't know everything." I said, and I was shaking with nerves and anxiety.

"Listen, everything will be okay. Just breath." He hugged me again, and rubbed my back.

"She doesn't know about my dad's death, or my kidnapping, or the fact that her boss almost killed me, or his son almost killed me. She doesn't know that I moved with you, or that I was in California." I said, and he kept rubbing my back.

"Sh...okay...calm down. I'll be there with you. I'll go with you. Okay? When will she back in New York?"

"In two days." I answered.

"That's enough time. Tell her everything, and she'll understand. She's your mother." Hayes said, and I nodded.

I felt someone hug me from behind, and it was Alex.

"It's okay." He hugged me, and suddenly I was in a huge group hug with all the guys from Digitour.

"Thanks guys." I smiled, and they let go right after they squeezed me really quickly.

They all went on stage, leaving me alone in the wings to watch them have fun.

///

"Wait." Nash said. "She doesn't know everything?"

"No, nothing." I sighed, as I packed a few things in my luggage.

"That's crazy!" Cam said, and I nodded.

"Yeah...I know."

I finished packing the rest of my things, and followed Nash and Cam downstairs.

"It's eleven, what do you want to do?" Nash asked.

Ashley was asleep because she had a headache, and Hayes was asleep because he was exhausted.

"It depends. What are you willing to do at eleven o'clock at night?" I asked, and Nash and Cam smirked at each other.

"Anything." The said at the same time.

"Okay, then I have something in mind." I said as I grabbed a black sweater shirt and grabbed Cam's keys.

I grabbed the doorknob and turned back to face them.

"Well, are you coming or what?" I asked, and Cam grabbed his keys out of my hand before we left.

We piled into his car. I was in the front seat, while Nash leaned in to hear us talk from the back.

"Where do you want to go?" Cam asked, and I smirked.

"The beach." I said, and Cam nodded as he started the car. He drove to the nearest beach, which was half an hour away.

When he stopped the car, the whole lot was empty, and we took that to our advantage.

Cam drove the car in circles, up until I begged for him to stop.

He finally stopped, he parked in the middle of the lot, and we got out of the car.

I remember that he had a blanket in his trunk. He keeps it there just in case any of us get cold. It's a pretty huge blanket, it's warm too.

I took it out and we started walking on the pier, we picked a spot that seemed to be right under the moon.

We all sat on the sand and looked up. This is all I wanted to do, look at the stars on a clear California night.

"I'm going to miss this." I smiled.

"Why does it sound like you're saying goodbye?" Cam pouted.

"Don't worry. This isn't the last of me." I gave him a reassuring smile.

In the back of my mind, I wasn't so sure about the next time I'll see them.

~.~
A/N: my phone has been acting so crazy lately. Mainly because I dropped it in the bathtub.
ANYWAYS, I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER! If you did please let me know what you think.
So I'm going to leave you at this because I have to curl my hair for an hour. (And before you start saying "oh it takes me 5 minutes to curl my hair" I'm so jelly I have long and thick hair kmy)

SSOTD: The Modern Age by the Strokes

LOVE YOU GUYS!