Chapter 1

It was a beautiful morning on September 4th. The dead rat by the garbage can next to thrown away James Charles pallet...the forty year old naked man saying racial slurs on the street...the sweet furry couple next door role-playing My Little Pony..."God I love Florida. " Farquaad thinks to himself.

He stands at the end of his driveway and takes a deep breath in of the morning air...

He passes out due to the overwhelming smell of the naked man.

"Oh dear me! Oh dear my! Darling you've passed out!" Little Lad says frantically as he runs down the driveway in his 1800's themed pajamas.

"Ugh...what happened??" Lord muttered groggily.

"Well it appears you fainted my little muffin! Are you alright dear?"

"Ehh I'm fine I just- wait...what did you call me?"

Little Lad looks at Farquaad confused. Then he realizes...muffin. His eyes go wide in fear.

"Oh n-n-n-nothing m-m-my little fruit cake!"
He gulps nervously.

Lord Farquaad glares at him.
"You called me...muffin..."

DEAR GOD.

"P-p-please Quads it-it-it was a mistake! I know you have bad memories of muffins-"

muffins.
muffins
muffins
muffins

The word echoed throughout Farquaad's head. Little Lads voice just a whisper in the background.
How dare he mention muffins.

muffins
muffins
muffins
muffins
muffins
muffins

FLASHBACKS:
Somewhere in Seattle////

"My darling Meredith I'm home!"

No response.

"Mer-bear stinky shart where are you? I know you've had a hard time at work at Grey-Sloan so I brought home your favorites!
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS."

Farquaad continues to search the house but to no avail. Where is my wife?! He checks the bedrooms, the bathrooms, the kitchen, the living room, HECK, even the gaming room (Lord Farquaad likes to dabble in Fortnite)

He starts to feel panic rising in his chest.

"Meredith?! WHERE ARE YOU?!" He yells out.

Okay think, Farquaad, think! where haven't you checked? The basement.

He opens the door to the dark and cold basement. Wooden stairs creaking and he slowly descends down them. He finally gets to the end and turns on the light.

He is shocked. He stands there, eyes wide, mouth agape, muffins dropping to the floor.

Meredith's dead body lays on the ground. A single muffin rests on her chest.

Farquaad is so much in shock, he doesn't see the clocked figure standing in the corner of the room.

"Hello Lord Farquaad." The mysterious voice says.

Farquaad jumps, not expecting to hear a voice.

"Who- who are you?! Did you do this to my wife?!"

The cloaked person chuckles and steps out of the shadows. Farquaad cannot see their face because the cloak covers them.

Farquaad backs up. But the cloaked person keeps walking forward until Farquaad hits the wall with his back.

"Tell me Lord Quad...do you know...the muffin man?"

END FLASHBACK/

Farquaad stares up at Little Lad with tears in his eyes.

"Quad darling I'm so sor-"

"Save it." Farquaad cuts him off.

Farquaad gets up and walks into the house.

"This is quite a pickle I will have to get out of if i do say so myself!" Little Lad says to himself and then follows Farquaad inside.

________________
Will Little Lad and Farquaad work out this mishap? Who is the cloaked man? Will the author be able to finish this book before her depression takes over her again?

We will all see in due time.