Chapter 1

The sun shines in my mirror. It's early but still very bright. I always drive to the shop at 6 in the morning before school starts because it is my favorite place to be. I'm not bullied or lonely, it's nice. I don't really care that everyone else that works there is at least 3 years older than me as long they respect me and don't treat me like a kid.

I started working at the mechanics shop when I was fifteen. Since legally I wasn't able to use any equipment yet I usually just helped with small things such as rotating tires and washing cars. At night Sam, the owner of the shop and one of my many 'older brothers', would teach me everything I could ever know about how to fix a car. After he got to know me a little better, (he is a family friend who offered me a job when I was looking for one) he took me to a place I didn't recognize.

The place he took me was an old dirt race track now owned by Dream. Dream comes from a rich family but I wondered why he spent his money on an old race track. I quickly learned why, cars started showing up, some looked normal, others however looked like they had come straight off the set of an action movie.

"Why do some of these people look like they come here to race?" I asked Sam.

"Some are here to race, others just want to watch and make bets on the racers" he tells me.

"Isn't racing like this illegal?" I am not worried, just curious.

"Yes, but you only get arrested if you get caught" he reassures me.

"The reason I brought you here is you always seemed to have an interest in racing,so why not let you try it"

"Wait, really?" I am full of excitement and anxiety. "But I don't have a car"

"You can borrow the Warden" he says as he pats the dashboard.

The 'Warden' as he calls it the heavily modified 2013 Jeep Wrangler. It's dark green and has a good amount of power and speed. I am shocked he offered his own vehicle for me to use in a race. I have driven the Warden before to make quick runs to a car parts store but never driven it for more than ten minutes at a time.That night was the last night I was ever free from the racing world. Whether I would be racing or working on the cars that were, I was always doing something that involved it.

Eventually I saved up enough money from winning races to buy my own car. I bought a 2010 Jeep Wrangler, it had 2 doors and was a bright red before Foolish and I repainted it matte black. I got a Jeep Wrangler because I thought they were good for racing, I eventually learned they aren't as good on a road track or for street racing. Now here I am driving to the same shop, where Sam and I spent many nights modifying my Jeep with the money I had left. I don't race any more because of an accident but I won't go into detail about that. I still help other racers with their cars, I know almost all of the racers and will even teach the rookies a few tricks in the parking lot behind the shop.

I parked the jeep I have nicknamed "Wither Rose" outside the shop. One of the garage doors is open so I just walk inside.I see Foolish, Phil, and Sam at the table in the corner. Tubbo and Karl are probably off doing something chaotic, I usually take Tubbo to school with me because he gets brought to the shop by Foolish. I walk over to the three men at the table and sit down. Foolish and Sam are discussing paint colours, Phil just offers me coffee. I thank him and just watch Foolish and Sam go back and forth on if yellow is a good colour for a vehicle.

"Its the best colour if done right," Foolish argues.

"It only looks good on sports cars and nothing else," Sam shoots back.

"How long have they been arguing" I whisper to Phil.

"Ten minutes maybe" He tells me quietly.

The two who were previously arguing seem to have made an agreement. They finally realize that I have joined them. "So how has your morning been Skyler?" Sam asks me.

"It's been good so far but that's probably because I just woke up 30 minutes ago." I reply.

" How are all of your mornings?"

"Tiring because when I got in I realized I need to restock almost all of my paint." Foolish looks more excited than tired, he likes restocking paint because always chooses a few new colours.

"Wil went drinking last night so I had to go get him at 1am" Phil sighs as he says it.

"I'm just afraid Karl and Tubbo might break something" Sam tells me.

"Seems like you all had interesting mornings or nights" I sip my coffee.I check my watch and realize it's been 20 minutes and it takes 30 to get from the shop to the school and school starts at 7 o'clock.

"TUBBO, WE NEED TO LEAVE" I shout hopefully loud enough so he can hear me anywhere in the shop.

He comes out of the autobody side of the shop "Okay, okay. You don't need to yell."

"Sorry I didn't know where you were. We need to leave now" I say pouring my coffee into my thermos.

"Okay, I'll get my bag." He walks toward the table as I am leaving"Be quick" I say back to him.

"Bye Sam, Bye Phil, Bye Foolish."

"Bye Skyler" Is the last thing I hear from Sam as I leave the garage.

Tubbo quickly follows me and hops in the passenger seat, throwing his bag down in front of him. He turns on the stereo and starts playing one of his playlists. He is the only other person I let touch the stereo. Tommy is not allowed to after he only played one song the entire time.

Time to return to the place I hate the most, the hell of highschool. All I look forward to in the day is being able to go to work after school is out then checking all the cars for racing at night.