"Nah, I don't know about that," Darrell confessed.

"Sure, you do. Who's he working with? What's the name of his boss?" Adam pushed.

"I don't know," Darrell responded. "I'm telling you the truth. I just sell eight balls, man."

"You sure about that? 'Cause you just walked us into a major drug operation," Kevin announced.

"And now we need to investigate and find out who Kent's boss is," Jay continued.

"Come on," Darrell groaned.

"No, Darrell. It don't work like that. We don't work for you. We've gotta investigate that weight now and see where the hell it's coming from. Now shut up and get your ass in the van," Kevin demanded.

"You guys good to head back with him? I'm gonna head back with Jay," I tell the boys. Kevin and Adam nodded, and the two of them climbed into the front two seats of the van. As they drove off, I turned to Jay. "So? Did you accept a lap dance from any of the beautiful women in there?"

"No, because I don't need any of them," Jay disclosed and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I've got you. You are the only beautiful woman I ever want touching me."

I looked up at Jay. "Maybe later once this case is over we can spend a little time together. You know, just the two of us."

Jay smiled. "I would love that. I can't wait. For now though, we've got work to do." Back at the district, we all gathered in the bullpen to discuss the case and dig deeper into the facts.

"We pressed Darrell, but he's sticking to it. Says he has no idea who Kent works for or who supplies him," Hailey shared.

"All right, so what do we have on the club?" Voight questioned.

"On paper, the place belongs to Kent, but the money isn't his," Kim replied.

"Yeah, the mortgage is paid by an LLC," Kevin clarified. "So there's this silent partner that I'm pretty sure is probably Kent's boss, and he's the actual owner."

"I found no other links between Kent and a big-time supplier or dealer. His personal finances, social media contacts, LKAs... they all look legit. Whoever our boss is, he's good," I comment.

"Well, the quickest way for us to ID him is use what we got, Darrell and Kent. Ruzek, Atwater, you two have been working with him. Get Darrell to intro you guys as buyers," Voight instructed. "Best case, we meet the boss in person. Arrest them all in one swoop, nice and easy. Just make sure you detail every piece of Darrell's help on book. I want that kid looking like a saint."

.........................................

My phone vibrating on the nightstand next to me woke me out of my sleep. Thinking it was just a spam call, I rolled over and buried my face into Jay's chest, and on instinct, he wrapped his arms around me. The call then ended, and silence filled the room, but seconds later, my phone buzzed again. I groaned and shoved my face deeper into Jay's skin, which caused him to stir slightly.

"Y/n? Who the hell is calling you this early in the morning?" Jay quizzed sleepily as he glanced at the alarm clock next to him, the red letters reading 4:00.

"I don't know," I respond.

"Well can you answer it? Please," Jay begged.

I sighed, but rolled over and grabbed my phone before answering the call. "Adam? Why are you calling me so early?"

"Y/n, you and Jay need to get down to the district as soon as possible," Adam urged.

"What? Why?" I ask.