Chapter 3: Thank You

"Okay have fun! Call me everyday and tell me what Hawaii is like!", I hugged Betty tightly.

     Betty said into my ear. "And you try not to have too much fun at home.", I quickly pulled away.

     "Yah!", I slapped her arm. "Go before I change my mind and make you stay.", I threaten.

     She raised her arms in defeat. "Okay, okay.", she picked up her bags and began walking to her boyfriend's car. "Bye Michelle! Bye Jonathan!", she waved one last time.

     Once I shut the door behind me, I was just staring at him.

     "Something's wrong love?", he smiled, breaking the silence.

     "What are you doing here?", I blurted out.

     My tone was a bit harsher than I meant for it to be. His smile quickly vanished as he thought about what I just said. But then it resurfaced.

     "I'm in town for some business, I just needed a place to stay and I remembered my dear friend Betty.", he said. "But I'm glad I found you though."

    "It's been two weeks since that party, and I already told you that you don’t want to get involved.", I said.

     We were both silent for a minute.

     "Well, I couldn’t get you out of my mind. I don’t know what it is, but all I could think about was you. I wanted to see you again, and now here I am.", he spoke softly.

     What was he doing to me? I barely know the damn guy. This is ridiculous. This is absurd. But his eyes. And those lips. Why does he have to be so damn sexy?

     "If you want me, prove it.", I smirked.

     I managed to keep a badass exterior, when on the inside; butterflies were wrestling each other in my stomach. I was also surprised to find a similar smirk on Jonathan's face.

     "You know if you want sex, you can just ask for it.", he spoke.

     I just rolled my eyes and took my jacket from sofa. "I'm going out. Don't wait up."

Jonathan's P.O.V.

     It was already midnight and she wasn't home. I got worried, so I called her a couple of times but she wasn't responding. Just when I was about to give up she finally responded. "It's midnight, where the hell are you?!"

     "Calm down, dad! My phone was on silent.", she laughed and I could clearly notice she's drunk.

     "Stop keeping your phone in silent, you got me worried!"

     "And who are you to be worried about me?", she asked.

     "I have all right to be worried! I'm your roommate at the moment and you're my responsibility now.", I said with anger in my voice. "Where are you?"

     "I'm just on my way home, Dad!", she kept joking.

     "I don't like the idea of you walking down the streets all alone. Tell me where you are excatly? I'll come.", I said.

     "I'm in front of the building.", she said and I walked to the window just to see her waving at me.

     I hang up and waited for her to come up. After some minutes, I heard knocking on the door and I immediately opened them. She was leaning against the door frame.

     "Let me help you.", I put her arm around my neck and sat her on the couch.

     "I have a question for you. Do you believe in love, Jonathan?", she asked out of nowhere.

     "Love is overrated.", I responded shortly and sat beside her.

     "I'm sorry, what were you saying? I keep getting lost in your eyes."

     "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to seduce me.", I laughed at her failed flirting.

Michelle's P.O.V.

     Jonathan turned on the tv and he was watching the news, looking very concentrated. I watched the news with him. Stories of local happenings and weather reports played.

     It made me wonder just how many things happen in this city. They always seem to have a new story every minute. I glanced at Jonathan.

     "Don't forget to blink.", I joked.

     He turned to me. "Sorry, I didn't hear you. What did you say?", he smiled.

     I laughed at him and just shook my head. "Nothing.", I said.

     He looked at me in confusion.

     "Breaking news, wanted criminal, who goes by the name of 'Clyde', has struck again. After robbing 5 stores, Clyde has now robbed a bank. The armed robbery resulted in two severely injured, and one dead. Officials have yet to identify Clyde, and..."

     Jonathan changed the channel.

     "News are boring.", he quickly said. "So is there anything fun to do around here?", he asked, flipping through the channels.

     "There's a lot of museums and stuff.", I said.

     "Eh. Not really my style.", he stopped on MTV.

     "Well...I'm pretty tired so I'm gonna call it a night.", I stood up.

     "Yeah you probably should.", he chuckled. "Well goodnight then.", he said.

     "Hey, Jonathan.", I said before coming into my room.

     "Yes?", he turned around to face me.

     "Thank you for not telling to Betty anything about that night.", I leaned on the wall.

     His eyes met mine, and for a moment I swear the world around me disappeared. Suddenly there was no one else in the world but Jonathan and me. I quickly snapped out of it, when I heard his voice.

     "Yeah, no problem.", he said.

     "Ummm, so if you need me I'll be in my room.", I said right before I closed my door. "Holy shit.", I whispered to myself.