you shrugged and drank water. "you think so?" you asked and yuji nodded.

"do you like him?" a sudden question from yuji that almost made you choke on the water.

"what makes you think that?" you incredulously asked.

yuji shrugs in reply. "just a feeling, but i guess i'm wrong. let's watch a movie to kill some time!" yuji says, changing the topic and heading off to the coffee table to check more dvds.

after some time of watching movies with yuji and the cursed bear (which didn't punch anyone all throughout the movie), gojo arrived and dragged you and yuji out of the basement again.

"are you gonna let us observe again?" you boredly ask whilst following the white-haired man.

"nope!" gojo says.

gojo opens a door and reveals a tall blonde man with glasses.

"this is nanami! a 1st grade sorcerer who graduated from being a salaryman!" gojo introduces while nanami leaned away from gojo.

"please stop saying it like that." nanami says.

nanami briefly stares at you as he remembers there was a new sorcerer student from tartarus.

apparently, gojo will be away for a while and he will have nanami train you and yuji.

as if on time, ijichi came by and informed you that you were needed for a mission to exorcise a grade 2 curse with megumi.

you deadpan at the news. "i'd rather go with salaryman over here." you said, already thinking that pairing up with megumi for a mission would be problematic.

"now now, tomomi-chan! this is a good chance to finally befriend megumi! don't worry, nanami will call you if you are needed!" gojo says as he puts an arm around your shoulder.

you visibly sank. "fine." you muttered.

you waved goodbye to yuji since it was finally time to go back to the dorms.

it was already close to midnight and you wanted to sleep in, but there would still be training with maki in the morning.

you yawned as you walked past the training grounds.

you didn't know if your eyes were playing tricks on you but you saw megumi doing something in the middle of the dark and vast field.

who the hell trains late at night?

you inwardly chuckle as you remembered that you also train at night with yuji.

you walk towards the field and that's when megumi finally notices you.

"what are you doing here?" megumi asked as he stood straight.

"i could ask you the same thing." you said and shove your hands inside your pockets.

you sighed. "you should be resting for tomorrow's training and mission." you said.

but his face contorts in confusion. "mission?"

then you suddenly remembered that only you, ijichi, nanami, ieiri, and gojo, know about yuji's situation, which is why ijichi was able to report to you first since he knew that you would be with yuji at night.

good grief.

"the both of us were assigned to exorcise a 2nd grade tomorrow night." you said and you swore you saw his expression turn sour.

"i'll take my leave." you said and turned around, leaving him at the training grounds so you could finally rest.

megumi wondered why you were up and about at midnight since he thought you were already in your dorm, asleep.