̗̀♡ flirty deimos x shy reader

for @sydneybeartwo
this feels so cliche i'm sorry </3
also i'm kinda like not in the country right now so sorry for really slow updates lol

big surprise!! you were new to the trio. you met them while on the brink of death, bag of food left at your feet. now obviously if it was any normal situation they would've left you to die, but they wanted to find out where that food supply came from. when you told them where it was and they realized they were too far to get it AND had to finish missions, you were the one basically picking up their groceries. you weren't the best cook (or maybe you were), but something about home cooked meals made it taste 30x better than how it actually was. you were their designated chef.

everything was normal as usual, you cooked some food, set it down on the counter, and—"thanks cutie" deimos grinned and took his share, disappearing into his room. you stood there, wide eyed and a little in shock, but you shrugged it off as some random one time occurrence.

it wasn't

"good morning cutie" "hey cutie" "what ya cookie cutie" you could hear his voice in your head so clearly. sometimes it made you lie awake in bed. 'deimos is a carefree guy, he's probably like that to everyone' you thought, giving a million excuses until things started getting a little intense.

it was (another) normal day, too preoccupied cooking breakfast to notice deimos approach you. "good morning cutie" he said in a low, sleepy voice. he slouched at the other side of the table island, watching you work.  you sadly couldn't hide the blush that found it's way on your cheeks, but pretended you were unaware. you had finished making breakfast long ago, but pretended to pick at scraps so you wouldn't have to speak to him too much. you weren't looking, but heard deimos push out from his chair. and the surprise on your face when you finally decided to look up and see him right in front of you. deimos wasn't that tall, but he was damn sure taller than you.

he took a step, and you step back, he took two steps, and you took three. it was a silent battle until your back inevitably hit a wall, where he cornered you. his arms, heavily toned from multiple missions had you in a barricade as you wondered how you even got yourself in this position. there was a couple seconds of deafening silence before he finally spoke. "why won't you look at me?" he sounded a little hurt, but you knew if you looked up now you'd melt. "sorry, i don't mean too.." your voice trailed off to a whisper, you looked down at your shoes, trying to distract the ringing of your pounding heart. "do you like me" he asked, and you almost died at the spot. "i don't know what you mean" you lied. at this point your blood ran cold. you had limited options here, and you'd doubt he'd let you go so easily.

he quizzically looked at you for a short moment. he thought it was so adorable how bad you are at lying and couldn't stop himself from teasing you more. he leaned in close to your ear—to close, you could feel breath. it made you shiver, but not as much as what he said next did. "i really want to kiss you right now" you grew wide eyed at this, and he pulled at your bottom lip asking for permission. he dipped down and—"is breakfast ready." you and deimos scurried away from each other, like two teenagers caught under the bleachers. they were met by hanks (as always) nonchalant face, it seemed he couldn't care less about what you two were doing. you only nodded, too embarrassed to speak. before you left to serve the food, you felt a strong grip on your forearm pulling you back.

"we'll finish this later"

sorry for any mistakesssss i kind of rushed to put this chapter out </3 i don't want you guys to think i was dying

also sheriff hc's soon woo yeah