Part 3

He spoke in the sweetest tone he was capable of pulling out of his chords and with the tenderest smile he managed to form

He spoke in the sweetest tone he was capable of pulling out of his chords and with the tenderest smile he managed to form. He wasn't exactly an expert in romance, and with Kenma he frankly never had really needed it; but now, as much as he enjoyed and appreciated his jealousy, he instinctively wanted to let Kenma know somehow he was the one who took up his heart.

His lover limited to stare back at him during a long pause, wearing a blank expression. He slowly opened his mouth to respond: "Aren't you embarrassed of saying such a cheesy thing?"

"Aaaaggh... Could you throw me a bone?! I'm trying my hardest over here..." Kuroo said simpering, casting his sight down from the other, resigned.

Without an answer, Kenma raised his arms to look at the device again. His finger sought and hit the sleep button and the screen faded into black before his sight. "Not... the only blond..." The smaller one muttered insecure.

"Mnh?" The older male looked up.

The younger teen averted his eyes on purpose, as he put away the console on top of his backpack. "I don't wanna be the only blond... I wanna be the only one, ever..." He murmured while his cheeks suddenly pinked up faintly.

Kuroo widened his eyes in silence. "So. Damn. Cute." He was astonished of such a sudden and earnest confession. Unwittingly, his heart sped up its beats and the flush tried to take over his face as well. If possible, Kuroo fell a bit more in love with his boyfriend tonight.

"...Talk about embarrassing." He teased, bearing a small tittering, to which Kenma glared and frowned. But his irritation was erased by Kuroo's hand, with the back of his rough fingers stroking his cheekbone, brushing off his hair lovingly. They shared the silence in which words were unnecessary to convey what their looks already said.

Only Kuroo dared to break it. "The only one is you. It's always been you, Kenma."

The mentioned male opened his sweet orbs wide, glints of delight glowed in his pupils, and he showed him that blissful expression, silently thanking him for those words.