SUNRAYS | CHAPTER THREE

En başından başla

"You must have hit your head pretty damn hard to come up with such nonsense. This is one of your little games." Ray glared. Emma quickly stepped in, grabbing him by his collar, separating the two, "We were there with her, we saw everything! If you don't believe her then you don't believe us." Ray retaliated by shoving the book he held into her chest, and pushing her back. 

"I expect this crap from you two but not him." Ray pointed at me.

Everyone's eyes fell on me. Expecting me to confirm their own stories. But I couldn't please everyone. Not anymore...

"I've barely comprehended what happened. I want this all to be a terrible dream that I can't wake up from..." I looked to Emma who had a hopeful glint in her eyes. "But they are the only evidence that tells me that this is all real." My hand found my sore neck, "And now, you've become a damning piece of evidence yourself, Ray." 

Ray began to massage his temples, taking a minute to process everything, "If this is all true then what do you expect us to do? Escape?" He pointed out the concrete wall standing in our way. 

"Well...we haven't exactly thought about the details..." Emma trailed off. An irritated sigh left Ray's lips, thinking for a moment before he began to pace, "The number of kids is an issue, we have to narrow it down to who can make it and-" "Hang on!...we're escaping with everyone." Y/n interrupted, making Ray stop in his tracks, "You're kidding...there are over thirty of us and the majority are under the age of six. With everything in our way, it's too risky." 

"We know that already, but it's not impossible-" Ray interrupted, "No, it is impossible. You didn't think of what happens after we escape. Because if we're locked up here then there's no place for us out there. It's a society of Demons." Y/n fell silent as he began to approach her.

"Trust me when I say this. Your plan won't work. If we take everyone, we all die. We leave them behind...that is the best option." 

"No!" Y/n exploded, and without warning, she grabbed a fistful of Ray's shirt before dragging him down to her head height, "You're always quick to give up on things when you never try! If there isn't a world out there for us then we'll change that!" Ray tore free from her grasp, backing away - the shock on his face quickly turned to anger as Emma jumped in excitement, "We'll change the world!" 

I couldn't resist my laughter as Emma bounced cheerfully, all while Y/n was still in a state of anger - her glare directed toward Ray was a major contrast to Emma's beaming smile. Ray barged toward me, "They're being unreasonable!" 

"You know that when they're in this mood together, you're on your own to persuade them." I advised. "Don't tell me you've lost all reason too." Ray snarled. "I thought the idea of death scared them, but I realised I was projecting. They wanted to protect the others first and foremost." I shrugged. 

"It won't work, if its just the four of us then we'll have a shot-" I interrupted, "If we do that then it won't be the four of us." 

"Don't distort your decision based on emotions, Norman." Ray warned. A chuckle left my lips before I returned my attention to Emma. "I'm afraid you're a couple years late to be lecturing me on that...Maybe you don't know your best friend as well as you thought."