STORM | CHAPTER TWO

"And when that time comes, Ray and I will come to everyone's weddings together, maybe not a romantic couple, but a couple, right Ray?"

"Of course."

"Then that's a promise!"

~ 73194 ~

The hours before the sunrise were agonizing

The hours before the sunrise were agonizing. A storm went rampant in my head, and I couldn't bring myself to shut my eyes no matter how exhausted I was. The gate far in the distance tormented me, but I couldn't take my eyes away. One blink, one moment of weakness, and we lose.

Sunny finally shifted my attention to her. She hadn't given up yet and tried to pull out my hair, even attempting to flap her wings. I gathered her in my palms and held her against me, using my body heat to help settle her down.

A soft breeze flowed through me, making my hair blow over my shoulders and my tired eyes tear up. "I don't want anyone to leave through that gate again."

_______________________________

"Good Morning!" Cheered Phil as he raced into the room before greeting Sherry.

"Phil, no running!" Gilda scolded him, to which he only gave her an innocent smile before his eyes locked with mine. "Y/n!" He exclaimed before running to me and crashing into my side. Tiny arms wrapped around my waist before he offered me a warm smile, "Good Morning, Peanut-" "-Does this go here, Mommy?" My attention shifted from Phil over to Mark.

"That's correct! Good job, Mark."

"Isabella, make the preparations to pluck these four with full scores."

A shiver ran down my spine as my eyes fell on her. She wore the same warm smile that reached her violet-colored eyes - She acted no different than how she was yesterday.

"I'd also like you to sit next to each other at mealtime."

My jaw tightened. "Good Morning, Y/n!" Norman's cheerful tone caught me by surprise. Norman entered the cafeteria, a smile on his face as his eyes met mine. "Norman-" He cut me off and stood in front of me, blocking my view from Mom, making me stare into his eyes.

"You have to smile. for everyone." He muttered before greeting Sherry and Maya. 'He's playing by strategy and tactics, and if Mom finds out, we lose the game.'

'