"Baby, just go! Go!" I said as I pushed them.

Ryan quickly grabbed Marcus as she ran out.

"You tried to set me up, didn't you?"

"Baby, no—I—"

"You already know the drill. Go get my belt."

"Baby, look—"

"Dina, do I need to remind you what happened last time you didn't obey me?" He said as he pointed the gun in my mouth.

I started crying as I ran into the room and got his belt.

I hope Derrick doesn't find out the kids were here. He doesn't need to know or find out where I am or what I'm doing. Nobody does.

If Derrick knew what I was doing, he wouldn't speak to me, or let me see the kids again.

I slowly, but carefully brought him the belt.

"You know Daddy doesn't like what you just did. Assume the position."

All I could do was cry. I already knew what to be prepared for.

"This will hurt me more than it this hurts you, my love."

.........

11:01 P.M.

*Cozy Coffee*

~Ryan~

"You okay, baby girl?" Marcus asked as we sat in the coffee shop.

"My mom is a drug addict. I never thought someone I would love would try to kill themselves without even knowing." I said as I ate my cookies and cream flavored ice cream that I got from Baskin-Robbins.

"I know it's hard. We need to tell Uncle, so we can get her some help. I can't stand to see her like that."

"No, we can't tell Dad. It would break his heart to find out my mama uses drugs."

"What are we suppose to do?"

"We can try to—"

"Hey, Marcus!"

I turned around to see a nicely dressed man with a hat on. He was about the average tall guy. He seemed to be a nice looking guy to be around my dad's age.

"Hey Jamie, what are you doing here?"

"I think I left my wallet here. Have you seen it? It's a brown and leather wallet with the letter J."

"I'll go see if anybody put it in the lost and found. By the way, this is my cousin, Ryan. Ryan, this is Jamie." Marcus said as he gave Jamie some dap before he went to the back.

"Hello, you are so beautiful, Ryan. I'm sure you look just like your mom." Mr. Jamie said as he smiled and shook my hand.

"Nah, I might look a little bit like my dad, but thanks, Mr. Jamie. How do you know my cousin?"

"My business had a little small dinner here in their event room. It's really nice."

"Yes, I never seen a coffee shop become so popular." I said as I ate my ice cream.

"Cookies and cream? My girl wouldn't stop eating that when she was pregnant." Jamie said laughing.

"I love it. I'm sure your wife still loves it, too." I said giggling.

"Nah, we didn't get married. Almost. Hey, your last name wouldn't happen to be Jackson would it?"

"It sure is. My dad is Derrick Jackson."