Chapter 2: In it together

Meanwhile in 9 ¾ station, Harry and Ginny came to see off their eldest and middle child. Albus Potter turned 11 years old on 1st September, sharing his birthday with his father. Ginny was arguing with James Potter, the 13-year-old son of the beloved couple and to both of their dismay turned out to be like his namesake, his grandfather. When he saw his friends, he waved back at his family and disappeared within the train compartments. The couple was soon joined by Weasleys, Ron and Lavender along with their 11 ½-year-old son, Rafael Weasley who is the exact replica of his father with a head full of Weasley clan's infamous red hair and same powder blue eyes, it's a surprise that Albus did not get any of that trait and looked more like his father, hair pointed at all directions and a curious glance in his eyes. Rafael was busy stuffing his mouth with Muggle chips, he urged his father to buy them when they were travelling through Muggle London. Lavender was lecturing him to not get in any mess like his father and uncle did and write to her every weekend without any fail. Suddenly, a mini Malfoy came from nowhere and stood beside the younger Potter. Their friendship has been a huge surprise factor to their parents. Apparently, both the kids went to the same pre-school and attended the same classes. It resulted in a strong friendship. When both fathers see how close they are to each other, they become civil to each other and become as close as acquaintances.

Both Malfoys wished morning with an air of aloofness, Ginny immediately gave cookies to Scorpius Malfoy, who even inherited Malfoy platinum blonde hair but got his mother glacial blue eyes. Malfoy was grateful to Ginny even though she had no reason to be cordial with him or his offspring, she was always making sure that they were treated like family. He remembered Astoria, his ex-wife who after one month of marriage felt that they were not compatible with each other and left his house and family name to be with some other guy. It was first in the old wizarding families, but he agreed with Astoria because they were actually not compatible and none of them wanted to be in a pretentious marriage like their respective parents did. But she did not know she was pregnant already and after giving birth to their baby boy she left again. He never stopped her because deep down he knew the effects of loveless marriage on children and he vowed to not turn into his father. He thought of another person, how much he wished for that person's presence. He sighed deeply and saw his son looking worriedly at him. A small smile graced his feature that assured his son. They heard Zabinis from a distance. Surprisingly, Blaise Zabini and Luna Lovegood got married. It is surprising because no one knew where they met, how they met and how their story unfolded and every time anyone asked, all they got was a smile in response. Zabini was lecturing his daughter, the only girl in the group, the apple of everyone's eyes to stay away from boys. Malfoy cleared his throat and said, "For Merlin's sake Zabini, leave the poor girl alone, my goddaughter is a fighter." Malfoy is the Godfather of Bay Zabini, he even helped Luna while she went to labour which was very uncharacteristic of him. Apparently, Blaise was away in business and everything happened so suddenly. Bay is 2 months older than Scorpius. Luna was so sweet and selfless that she nursed both Bay and Scorpius. He always felt lucky and believed that even though he was a death eater, he got lucky at the end as he made some really good friends, even Weasley with whom he bickered the most. Bay was pouting when her father was halfway through his speech as he was going on and on about how boys are scumbags and she should stay away from them. A heavily pregnant Luna carefully walked towards them and everyone frowned when they saw she walked alone. Before anyone could say anything, Ginny said, " Don't you think Zabini, you should have walked with her, she's almost 8 months pregnant and children are running in all directions, accidents can happen." Luna said, "It's ok Ginny, I was searching for nargles over that side of the station." Lavender intervened and said, "Then he should have helped you to search for nargles and not left you alone. Suddenly, the train blew the first whistle asking everyone to board the train. Ginny was pestering her son with kisses which are making her son's face redder. Bay assured her father, "If someone tries anything funny, I will kick their arses." "That's my girl" and gave a bone-crushing hug to her. Looking at all the exchanges, Draco said, "Well Scorp, I have already given you a speech about everything." "Do not fret Dad, I will write to you every alternate weekend and stay away from annoying people and not let anyone pinch my face." As soon as he said that Bay pinched his nose and ran away. Draco laughed at the exchange, and put his hand carefully on his son's head and said, "Remember to have loads of fun and do not let anyone bully you or your friends." Harry came close to his son and came to his level and said, "It's ok if you are chosen in any other house. It is nothing to be ashamed of and ask Teddy if you face anything. Write to me." Albus holds back his tears as it is bothering him if he gets chosen for any other house. Since he got the Hogwarts letter, this thought has haunted him as he knows how different he is from his elder brother and the rest of the Weasley clan. Even his brother who mostly ignores his presence has "helpfully" pointed out how different he is and how disappointed their father will be if he gets chosen in the house of snakes. All of them boarded the train.