Kiel!?

Thanatos POV:

My eyes shot open and I sat up. My eyes darted around the room and I clutch my chest, trying to catch my breath. When I finally had a chance to breathe I realized I was in the Ruby Palace. 'Is this Athy's room?' I get up but almost fall back down. 'How long have I been asleep?' I slowly walk to a mirror and look at myself. I was right. I have a large wound that will most definitely be a scar on the left side of my face, along with some up my arms and back. I sigh and cover myself up with a blanket. I walk out of the room and see a maid coming in this direction. "Hello? May I get a bath ready please?" Her eyes widen and she runs over to me. "Your Highness! You're awake!?" I flinch and nod. "I-I'll have a bath ready soon, please sit down." I nod and walk back into the room. 

I was sitting at the edge of my bed waiting for the maid to come back but when the door opened I saw Lily. "L-Lily?" She ran over to me and hugged me with tear in her eyes. "I'm so glad you're okay but..." She cupped my face in her hands and gently rubbed the wound under my eye. "Is... Athy okay as well?" I grabbed her hand and smiled. "She doesn't have a single scratch Lily. I took the whole blow, she's fine." Her eyes widened and she hugged me. "Why would you take the whole blow Your Highness!? You could have died!" I flinched and tensed up, getting slightly confused. "But... Athy almost got hurt... what if she got a scar?" I could feel Lily's tears on my shoulder but she didn't answer. 

I decided to the liberty of breaking the long silence. "Is... the bath ready yet?" She backed up, rubbed the tears away, and nodded. I stood up carefully and headed to the bath. On my way there I thought of Athy. 'I wonder how she's doing.' I put a small spell on Athy so I can tell where she is. Not exactly but I can tell how far away she is. I smile when I notice she's not anywhere near here. 'Why is she in the direction of Alpheus mansion?' I shake away my thought when I reach the bathroom. I walk in and start to strip off my clothes. 

I was sitting in the bath alone (obviously???) thinking about what's going to happen to me from now on. 'Will Claude finally kill me? Will he continue to look for Athy? Do I need to find a way out of here as well?' I sigh and lean my head back. I push the hair out of my face and close my eyes. "Nothing good will come out of over thinking things..." I stand up and step out of the bath. I grab a robe and put it loosely around my body, walking out of the bathroom. I sigh and start walking to my bed but before I get their someone shows up in my room. "Kiel!??" He looks over at me surprised before he flushed red. "What are you doing here!?" He turns away when I start rushing over to him. "B-before we talk... please put some clothes on!!" I stop and look down at what I'm wearing before my face turns red. 

I clear my throat and sit on the bed next to Kiel. "U-uhm... what are you doing here Kiel?" I look at him but he looks half in tears with widened eyes. I put my hands up to his face and panic. "W-what's the matter Kiel? Is it me? Did I do something wro-" Before I could finish he grabbed my hands and yelled. "No!" I flinch and stare back at him. "You didn't do anything wrong Thanos. It wasn't you. Its just..." He reached his hand up to my face. "What happened to you?" I gave a sad smile and put my hand on my face. "Claude seems to have... forgotten me and Athy." His eyes widen and he hugs me. I tense up but hug back smiling a bit. 

I pull back from the hug and hold his shoulders. "How did you get here?" He gave a nervous smile and sighed. "Princess Athanasia wanted to be like the magician Lucas." I flinch at the name and frown. "I'm going to send you back. Tell Athy its not safe here and not to bring you back." He looks confused but frowns. "Why? Why do you have to stay here while Athy is safe?" I don't give him and answer but I close my eyes tightly. I look up and give him a small sad smile. "I... don't actually know if I will live much longer Kiel." His eyes widen and tears start to form in his eyes. "My father is a tyrant and... he thinks me and Athy are some strange children that snuck into the palace to kill him..." Tears drip down his face and he starts to squeeze my hand. I stand up and place my hands on both side of his face and lean in. I place a light kiss on his lips and sit back down. Before he could say anything more I snap my fingers and send him back. 'I'm sorry Kiel...'

Time skip~~~ Nighttime

I was sitting at my window, staring at the sky before my eyes widen. 'Athy!?' I can feel the spell I put on Athy nearby. I snap my fingers and show up next to Athy. I look down and see Athy crouching down next to Claude, who is sleeping, and poking him. My eyes widen when Claude opens his eyes. I grab her wrist and pull her away. "How tedious." I flinch when I hear his voice. Athy looks at me surprised before a saddened look shows up. "T-Thanos... what happened... to your face?" I ignored her and kept looking at Claude. "You two show up in my dreams every single night. Aren't you bored of it by now?" I raise a brow and hold Athy tighter. "At least you're silent today..." I clench my teeth. He looks at me kind of shocked. "You look different... a scar is there." I roll my eyes and Athy bends down in front of him again. "Why are you going to such lengths to find me...? Are you going to kill us when you find me?" My breath started to hitch when I hear her talking so sadly. "Does the sight of us make you angry? Wanting to kill us?" He put his arm over his eyes and frowned. 

"That's right. I want to rip you two to shreds right here." Athy looked sad but quickly huffed in annoyance. She stood up quickly, making me flinch, and shook her head. "We won't die..." I grab her arm when I see his eyes widen. "Not by your hands Daddy..." I could see the big frown on Athy's face. "This... isn't a dream?" I roll my eyes. "Way to state the obvious." Athy just kept huffing. "I missed you Daddy..." Before she could say anything more I snapped my fingers and she disappeared. He was reaching out for her as I stare at him. "If you don't get your memories back soon... you're going to lose your little girl... Father." After I said that I snap and disappear. I show up in my room and fall to the floor holding my chest. Tears spill out of my eyes as I try to catch my breath. 'Athy can't die. She can't...' I start to even out my breathing and I stand up. I trudge to my bed and flop down, my face stained with tears, and close my eyes. 'Can't wait to see what awaits me tomorrow...'

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Had fun writing this chapter.

{1320 words}