𝐱. born to die

Start from the beginning

Amy had never broken a bone before, yet she would say -maybe because of adrenaline or shock of seeing a dead body- there was no pain. It was a needle pricking to her skin compared to the thunderstorm inside her chest.

"I got it." Simon mumbled as they turned the corner. "You keep Amy safe and away, you hear me, Josh?"

"I'm not leaving without you." Amy argued as she limped to the other corner. Simon took out her sweater, throwing it to the opposite way to gain some time, Amy was left on a camisole. "Don't leave me."

"I can't lose you too." Simon whispered as he briefly pressed his lips to hers. "Go!"

Amy barely had time to give one of her icepicks to him as Josh pulled her away forcefully. The bangings and crackings followed along with a female scream that could easily shatter glasses.

"Crystal." Amy breathed out, as she clung to Josh's arm. "No, no. Go save her! Please, I beg you. I beg you." Josh hesitantly looked at her, his eyes watered. He was still in the shock of seeing the dead body of the girl he loved. "Josh, please!" Amy pleaded as tears fell from her cheeks as if they were fallen stars.

Kate was gone.

Simon was fighting with the Nightwing Killer.

Crystal was screaming for her life.

Amy had a broken leg.

Matthew was nowhere to be seen.

A singing sound broke the violent voices, the sweet melody echoing in the market. "Josh, shit!" Amy whispered as she pulled him towards a corner.

Ruby Lane looked around, tilting her head as she searched for blood. Simon's trick was successful as Ruby went for the sweater she had worn, now on the ground.

A hand grasped Amy's shoulder, she yelped in panic. She was totally defenseless and ready to be embraced by the rough hands of the death. "It's me." Matthew whispered to her hair as he caressed her cheek. He followed where her hands rested, furrowing his brows "I got her, go."

Josh ran, desperate to find his sister. Matthew held Amy's body with no difficulty. They turned a corner, getting into an empty hall. "We need to find Crystal." He instructed as he swiftly walked, carrying Amy with him. "We need-"

Matthew was never able to finish his sentence as a bang on his head made him fall to his knees, thereby dropping Amy. She grunted with pain, hands on the ground, her chin resting on the icy marbles as she looked at the scary so-called kid.

Billy Barker hovered over them with his stupid -yet scary- mask. His little hands were curled around his baseball bat. Before Billy Barker could raise his bat to hit Amy, her friend recovered fast. Matthew's body clashed with the killer's, both struggling on the floor. Amy crawled towards the bat, supporting herself with her hands to get up. The pain started to move in her chest like greased lightning, making her gasp for breath.

It was hard to balance herself with a broken leg, still, the adrenaline gave her the strength Amy never thought she had. Hitting the kid's head with his own bat without hesitancy, she let out a war scream. She was tired, numb, and angry. The anger was a fire that was feeding on her energy, igniting every hope she had. Amy yelped when Billy Barker grasped her ankle, the bat slipping from her fingers.

"Go!" Matthew shouted as he caught and held the bat against Barker's neck. "Amy, run!"

Amy didn't need to be told twice as she limped in the hall. Her eyes caught of Deena, drowning Sam. She didn't know what happened to the original plan but she didn't care.

Another female scream echoed, hitting the walls and marbles, splashing the true color of dread; crimson and this time Amy found the source.

Crystal was struggling with Skull Mask squeezing her neck. She gasped for breath, desperately hitting his arm. Her feet were barely touching the ground, and she had little energy because her hands idly hit Skull Mask's arms.