A blossoming hate crush (2)

Start from the beginning

Ed sighed, still angry, he got his stuff and went up to the counter. Ed could see the man in the corner of his.

He was talking to a group of people, his smile was so fake that it could've been mistaken as plastic. Ed mumbled to himself.

The cowboy was so focused on the sales man he didn't realized he just wasn't moving. A small line of people had gathered behind him. Even the clerk was getting concerned.

Until he felt a jab in the shoulder. Ed was snapped out of it, it was almost like he was hypnotized. Ed shook his head, slammed the money on the counter, and was out the door with the little bag.

What the hell was wrong with him? When he got outside he was quickly stopped. Feeling the fabric of his shirt being tugged, Ed jerked around. It was Eric.

"I am so sorry about my father, Mr. Edgar, I..." Ed put a hand of Eric's shoulder, Eric, mildly confused by this action stared at Ed.

"You don't need to apologize for your douchebag dad," Ed put it bluntly, and then the two started laughing. Ed patted the man on the back. He had to go back and Ed entered his car.

He sat there, his mind couldn't unwrap his feelings. Seething angry but was it really that.

Ed drove down to small alley. He knew he should've kept driving and get the stuff to Bim. Yet Ed got out of his car and kicked his car. This wrath beneath his skin couldn't be eased.

He then kicked a trashcan and instantly threw the can. With a few heavy breathes Ed filled his lungs with fresh air, the freshest you can get in a dirty alley.

The cowboy hopped back into his cadillac and drove out the alley.

Ed popped into the apartment. Bim was laying on the couch. As soon as the door open Bim lifted his head up.

"What took you so long?" Bim asked, clearly just waking up. Ed chuckled softly, and gave the plastic bag to Bim.

"You didn't answer my question," Bim yawned as he took out the bag's content.

"Well, I go in as I usually do, and go talk to Eric, I don't if I ever mentioned him before but like my favorite employee, and so then his asshole father..." as Ed rambles on, Bim just nods. Bim watches Ed gets heated,

"And I swear to God if I ever seen that prick again!" Bim laughed, Ed then realized how he sounded. His face, already  kind of reddish, went full on tomato.

"I am... I am sorry for rant," Ed almost whispered, Bim lightly punched his shoulder.

"Don't be, sometimes you need to rant."

The rest of the afternoon is spent in the living watching old shows. Mostly from the 80s to early 90s. With a few commicals now then.

Ed was dozing off, as Bim was already knocked out. Until a familiar voice buzzed in his ear. Ed sat up in the chair and saw that a commercial was on.

"My name is Derek Derekson," so thats his name, Derek, Ed laughed. He watched the commercial.

There was nothing special about the Ad, Ed rolled his eyes. As the advertisement was almost done, Derek let out a laugh. A genuine laugh, something Ed thought would sound like a cackle was...

Ed quickly grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. It was silent. The only real noise was Ed's beating heart and Bim's soft snoring.

The cowboy's mind drew back to the memories of his exes. EJ's mother was the first ex of his. She was something... something that Ed couldn't place. EJ definitely got more of his looks from her. Ed chuckled under his breath.

Ed couldn't process more of the feeling as Silver opened the door. He quickly announced himself. Bim woke up and groaned. Silver quietly apologized as Ed sat up.

He walked over to Bim and bent down. Bim was confused but Ed quickly said.

"I think your baby head fog is contagious!!" And then he walked out the apartment. Silver and Bim were both somewhat confused.

"What was that about??" Silver asked, Bim mouthed an oh and pulled Silver close.

"I think I might know," he snickered, Silver was still confused but went along with it.

It had been at least a week, Bim and Ed were driving around the . Bim was feeling somewhat better. Ed on about baby names. Bim took none of the suggestions.

They stop at a red light. They were still talking until Bim waved his hand up slightly.

"Uh that person is waving at you." Bim soon followed up, Ed turned around, and it was Eric. He was waving, Ed returned the gesture.

When the light turned green, the cowboy turned and pulled up right next to Eric. The young man bent down. He was somewhat at window's length.

"Eric, I didn't think you ever left that gosh darn store!" Ed rolled down his window, Eric chuckled.

"I mean, our house is somewhat connected   to the store but other than that." Ed couldn't tell if that was an attempt at an joke, but he believed Eric was actually being serious.

"Oh Eric, this is my good friend, Bim, Eric Bim, Bim Eric." Eric and Bim shake hands over Ed. The three chatted for a bit until... that voice. Derek.

Ed let out an audible sigh. Eric quickly stood up straight. Ed watched at Eric walked off to his father. Derek and him made eye contact.

Then Bim placed his hand Ed's shoulder.

"Stop eyeing your hate crush and let's get out of here." Ed was taken back by the comment. He wouldn't tried to argue but he also saw Bim wasn't looking too hot. Welp, Derek be lucky, he puts his friends first before... rivals? Ed didn't know how to classify Derek.

Ed drove off, passing Derek and Eric. The two made one last glance at each other... maybe hate crush... maybe it's accurate...

--------------------------
Lol I am posting this on Ao3 cause I found my login :p