What The Hell?!

The guys waited patiently outside of the shower cabin for the girls, just chatting away about their plan and what they would do in their new lives.
     "I've GOT to get the courage to ask Hannah out when we start over. I can't let her go and fall for someone else...it would hurt too much. i love her." Carlos said shyly.
    "Well, honestly i think you've got it bud. Have you noticed her reactions to your flirting? She seems interested to me." Leon replied reassuringly.
     "You really think so? I just really hope she feels the same after all this. I try my best to keep her entertained and hint at my love towards her...but i'm just hoping it's enough..." Carlos said with a bit of disappointment in his tone.
"Hey, i wouldn't worry too much about it alright?" Leon responded. "I think everything will work out alright."
    "i sure hope so..." Carlos replied softly.
    The girls had finished washing up and came out dressed in their new clothing, grabbing their clothes the villagers washed for them and packing them away. The guys looked over to see the girls in their new outfits.
    "Wow...Jaidan you look...very p-pretty." Leon said shyly but sweetly.
   "Oh- Thank you!" Jaidan responded red faced.
"You guys ready to head off?" Carlos asked.
"I think we should get something to eat first. I'm pretty hungry." Jaidan responded.
"Yeah same here. We haven't eaten an actual meal in hours guys. None of us have." Hannah added.
"That's right. Yeah Carlos let's do that first." Leon responded. "We also need to figure out directions to Charleston. We don't even know where were headed." He chuckled.
"Ah right...guess I'm just too excited for that beach huh?" Carlos joked.
Everyone chuckled at his little joke and grabbed something to eat at the little diner cabin. As they exited, they heard a woman scream in horror, they turned to look and saw one of the villagers had turned into one of those horrific beings...eating the flesh of another deceased civilian, painting the snow red with blood. Everyone in the village was terrified.
"Y-YOU MONSTER!!" A village lady shouted at the now zombified being, which then turned to her and attacked her, Hannah shot it with her shotgun, killing it, but it had already bitten her. She screamed and collapsed to the ground.
"Oh my god!" Jaidan said as she pulled out her handguns.
"The virus has spread somehow..." Leon spoke.
"I SAW HIM...HE ENTERED THE VILLAGE FROM A HUNTING TRIP, MY DAD...IT SEEMED SOMETHING HAD BITTEN HIM AND HE COLLAPSED, NEXT THING I KNOW HE WAS ATTACKING MY MOM AND...A-And-" A village boy ran up to them and exclaimed and he started to sob.
"Oh my god..." Hannah said softly.
Suddenly, the young boy was attacked by the woman from earlier who was now turned. Carlos and Leon used their knives in an attempt to not hurt the boy, Carlos stabbed the woman in the head and Leon threw her off, both taking out their hand guns and shooting through her head, finishing the job. The guys leaned down by the boys side, he didn't make it, the boy would soon turn, so they had to do the unthinkable...
"We can't waste too much ammo but, the kid's gonna turn. We have to do something. I'd also rather not shoot a young boy." Carlos said.
"I-I've got it..." Jaidan responded.
"Are you sure you can do it?" Carlos questioned.
"Yes...I've despised children my whole life, but this one went through something we couldn't imagine. I wanna put him out of his misery, he shouldn't become one of those senseless beings." Jaidan replied walking in front of the boy's body and lifting up a gun. "So technically i've got two reasons i can do this..." she added sternly.
"Okay..." Carlos responded, him and Leon backing away, Jaidan then shot three bullets through the child's skull. Hannah stood with pure shock, Carlos and Leon disappointed at what had to be done, and Jaidan slowly putting her gun away, expressionless and looking down at the ground.

The whole village seemed to have froze up...