Chapter 12

It was a Saturday night and I decided to go to a beach party with Sarah, I didn't talked with Topper for a week who seemed like months because a part of me missed him a lot.

We got out of the car "Ready ?" Sarah asked to me before taking my hand to walk toward the party, we started the night by dancing together and laughing like always until I saw Topper "I'll go get a drink" I said to Sarah before heading out to the drinks, I took on cup then another plus a third not even paying attention to what was in it. I looked at around and didn't see Topper anywhere so I went back to Sarah.

When I arrived Sarah wasn't there so I looked around to see her but no sign of her, I felt an arm on my shoulder so I turned around "Rafe!" I said laughing. "What are you doing here babe ?" he asked "Having fun, dance with me" I dragged him to dance, he didn't need to be praised to do so. 

After a moment I felt thirsty so I went to search a drink again, Rafe followed me and gave me back another one when I just finished the first. He putted his arm around my waist and dragged me into a calm spot on the beach, when we sat I kissed him. We kissed for a moment until he stopped me "You're drunk y/n" "Duh we're partying no ?" I asked him, he carried me and got up "Rafe what are you doing ?" I said laughing "Bringing you home" he said not looking at me "I can walk you know" I said to him "Yeah sure" he said before arriving to his car, he posed me down and open the door of his car. I looked at him and got in, he went on his side and started driving. I fell asleep in the car so I didn't pay attention to the road.

The morning I woke up in a room who wasn't mine, I looked around and I noticed that it was in the Cameron's guest bedroom. Rafe knocked before coming in after 1 min, I immediately sat up on the bed and looked at my clothes, they were still the same as the night before. "We didn't" he said laughing before sitting up on the end of the bed "Why am I here and where's is Sarah ?" I asked "I gave you a ride home" "Well my home" he corrected himself "Sarah didn't came back" he said without being concerned. I looked at him for a moment "Why did you hate me Rafe ?" he though about it for a moment "I don't hate you y/n, I hate the though of you being Topper's" I laughed at him, at how dumb he sounded "Rafe, i'm my own person. Nobody owns me" he played with his hands "Yeah" he left out a laugh "So do you maybe wanna go eat ?" I looked at the clock next to the bed who showed almost 11 am "Sure" I nodded, "Was Topper at the party and why were you the one bringing me home ?" "He was but left when he saw you so I made sure you came home safe and nothing happen don't worry" he said smiling, I wasn't convinced but after all he was probably right because I'm the one who don't remember anything.

We went to eat somewhere near the Cameron's house and after that Rafe drove me home. I told him goodbye and that's all, I was still confused about why he was nicer today but whatever.

Right when I entered my house I got a text from Sarah "Hope you got home safe, sorry I was with the pogues. You should come to the beach with us later" I didn't respond right away, I went to take a shower and putted on fresh clothes after.

I sat on my bed and took my phone "Okay I'll be there, leaving rn" I responded to her, I putted my converse back on and took my bag before rushing downstairs and leaving.

When I arrived at the beach they were sitting on the sand, Sarah stood up and went to hug me then she showed me to the Pogues "That's y/n , she's stunning right" she said happily, I told them hey and they introduced themselves but some of them were unsure if they could trust me or not. I sat between Sarah and a boy named JJ, he seemed friendly and funny.

We just talked until Sarah took a bottle who was right next to her "Spin the bottle ?" she said smiling but nobody enjoyed this Idea "Come on" she said with a sad face so everyone agreed. "I'll stay one round that's all" I told them because I didn't want to seem boring and just watch them, it couldn't be that bad. I'll probably have to kiss Sarah and that's all, she's my best friend so Topper wouldn't be mad I guess and whatever it's just a game. Sarah gave me the bottle to start first so I just started spinning it and like I though it stopped on Sarah so I did a quick kiss and we continued playing until it was JJ turn and the bottle landed on me so I looked at him and approached myself. We kissed and I stepped back as soon as I could "What's wrong ?" JJ asked "Nothing, I was surprised" I said smiling. I turned back having the weird feeling that someone was watching me but nobody was so I turned back and watched them play until they got bored of it. Sarah seemed close to John b and I was happy for her.

After an hour I told them goodbye and went to my house, on my way there a car was following me until it came next to me. The window rolled down "Need a ride y/n" I looked at the conductor when I heard my name "Topper ?" was he stalking me, no probably pure coincidence. "Sure" I said so he stopped and let me in, when I closed the door he talked again "Why don't we go to my place ?" he seemed in a weird mood so I accepted, it was probably because we didn't talk for a week or more.