two

The wind whistled around you, making you wrap your jacket tighter around your body as you leant against your car. It was November, and the weather was getting colder every day. You first noticed it when you and Dabi were going out at night, but it somehow felt even worse now as you stood outside of UA high.

Watching carefully from the alley you were parked down, you scanned the faces of the kids running out to go home, looking for your brother. All of them looking so hopeful made you feel a little nauseous; you hated that they all wanted to be heroes. You hated that they still believed in the hero system.

You and Shinso had been orphaned when he was 5 and you were 11. Heroes had used "too much force" towards your parents, resulting in their deaths. One day, when he got older, Shinso started talking about wanting to be a hero. You didn't want him to know about the brutality his parents had faced, so you supported him and his wants. You helped him get into the best hero school in the country. All while feeling disgust every time he spoke highly of heroes.

Shota Aizawa was the only hero you would ever trust. He was currently Shinso's legal guardian, and helped keep him on the right side of the tracks. As far as he knew, you used to be a petty criminal, and he would never get you into any trouble. You kept a lot of your meetings with Shinso secret from Aizawa, meaning he thought your relationship was a lot more distant than it actually was.

Breaking you out of your thoughts, Shinso walked up to you and punched your shoulder, giving you a half smile. You beamed down at him, ruffling his hair as you pushed off of the car.

"Hey kid! How was your day?" You asked, walking to the driver's side door as he walked to the passenger side.

"Good. I told Aizawa I was going to the store, so we have to go get me snacks." Shinso smiled slightly as he climbed into the car, hoping his ploy to get food would work. Rolling your eyes, you took one last glance out to the street before getting into the car.

You froze, smile dropping from your face as your eyes locked with Shigaraki's.

He was standing outside of UA, a stupid smile on his face as he looked between you and Shinso. His mask was gone this time, instead there was a black hoodie pulled over his head. Your teeth clenched, hand tightening around the door handle. Leaning down, you told Shinso you would be right back, before slamming the door and storming over.

Shigaraki's smile never faded as you walked up to him, standing less than a foot away from him as you put your face to his.

"I'm only going to say this once, you freak. Stay the fuck away from him. You can hurt me all you fucking want, but you will never touch him. Never." You spat, jabbing a finger into his chest as you spoke. He kept smiling, making you tempted to smack the grin off of his face.

"I can hurt you all I want, huh?" He finally spoke, a hand wrapping around your wrist and pulling your hand away from him. He kept one finger raised like before, but it was closer this time. "I might just have to take you up on that offer, Spooky."

You yanked your arm out of his grip, teeth still clenched as you squinted, still looking into his eyes. You stayed like this for a moment before putting an overly sweet smile onto your face. "I think you're a lot weaker than you pretend you are, Shiggy."

His smile finally dropped, nostrils flaring as he reached out for you again. You evaded him, running across the street and getting into your car. Ignoring Shinso's queries, you pulled out of the alleyway, making your way to a convenience store.

"You can't come hangout at mine tonight, Shin. Sorry." You said curtly, both hands gripping the steering wheel tightly.

***

A few hours later, you were dropping Shinso off a few blocks away from his house. You always parked a little far away, but you were even further this time, and told him to take the most confusing way home possible. You didn't want him being followed.

Watching him walk away, you let out a sigh, placing your forehead on the steering wheel and closing your eyes for a moment. It was still windy outside, making a whistling sound circle your car as you sat in silence. It had gotten dark, the streetlights turned on and illuminating small patches of the sidewalk. After a few moments, you picked your head up again, starting the car as you got ready to pull away. As you looked up, your stomach sank as you met eyes with Shigaraki for the second time today.

You locked your car doors, maintaining eye contact with him. He was leaning against a lamp post, arms crossed and hood pulled up. One side of his mouth was pulling upwards as he watched you, scanning his eyes over you. Surprisingly, he gave you a small wave before pushing off of the lamppost and walking towards you. You frowned at the friendliness, grip tightening on your steering wheel. 

As he walked up to the passenger side window, he held his hands up, showing that he was wearing a pair of black gloves. You squinted, biting the inside of your cheek. Did you really want to let a guy who threatened you twice into your car?

A particularly strong gust of wind passed, and you frowned again as Shigaraki wrapped his arms around himself, shivering slightly. Part of your heart squeezed, and you sighed once more, unlocking the doors. You may be a villain, but you didn't completely lack empathy.

He pulled the door open, getting in quickly and sitting down. Both of you stayed quiet and stared straight ahead, making the air in the car feel thick with tension.

"Sorry about before, Spooky." He finally murmured, dropping his eyes down to his hands. "Didn't mean to scare you."

You snorted slightly, looking over at him. "You don't scare me, Shiggy. Not even a little."

One of his hands tightened into a fist, and his jaw clenched as he looked up at you. He scanned your face for a second before he sighed heavily and leant his head back against the seat. The silence returned, making you let out your own sigh in response.

"Why are you in my car right now?" You asked, watching his face. The corner of his mouth tugged upwards slightly and he rolled his head to look at you.

"Kurogiri." He stated plainly, his face blank. "He thinks you'd be a good asset. Told me to come apologise and 'play nice'. " You opened your mouth to respond, but he cut you off. "I don't like you, Spooky. At all. And I know you don't like me. But we need strong members and you- your quirk, I mean, is one of the strongest I've seen. It would help a lot."

Of course, another villain wanting you for your quirk and nothing else. Over the years, countless villains had tried to recruit you and make you do their bidding. A mind control quirk was a villains dream, and more often than not they just wanted you to place others under your control for them. You were never taken seriously, always a bridge to other things.

"I'm not going to be your little lap dog, Shigaraki." You muttered, closing your eyes. "I don't work well under people." If Dabi was here he would have made a sex joke out of that.

"You're making a mistake." He said, opening the door and getting out. He placed a card with a phone number on it down on the seat, leaning his head into the car. "If you don't join us we're going after the kids again. He'll be involved this time."