Chapter 9: Prologue to Disaster

"Is this even a village..?" Benimaru murmured 

Maybe he is right, with the 1,000 people meticulously working day and night this place is no longer a village it's already a town. We already have the plaza built in just upon the Ogres' arrival this is a wonderful upgrade on our development. Well if you ask me, the method is simple—on the other timeline we used brick blocks to formulate the roads but this time behold! the material that lasts for thousands of years! Concrete blocks!

[Concrete is mainly composed of minerals found on limestones called Nitrocalcite— then mix the limestone minerals with clay, cement which main components are also found on limestones then add gravel, sand, air, and water... If you mix these using the right process you can create yourself a concrete]

And so as long as we have limestones we can manufacture an entire stock of concrete endlessly. Fortunately, limestones are generally found on ocean, and pond floors— and we have the entire Ameld river to rely on that! With the whole Ameld River our source of Limestone we can create an entire capital of Tempest with sturdy concrete!

The power of Science! with Ciel...

Well, let's focus on the festival. Our guests of honor are the Ogres— the entire population was present at plaza whilst they lay down carpets which will serve as the whole community plate. Our chiefs then brought out an entire gigantic pot while all of us were awestruck.

"Oi— isn't this a little bit too much?" I asked Rigurd

Then there is a whole lot of Booze brought by the Dwarven brothers, which piles up the more astounding sequence of events.

"When did we acquire those booze?!"
"Well Master, Vesta happened to be a rich nobleman on Dwargon so as payment for letting him work here Vesta imported these booze from Dwargon..!" Kaijin exclaimed

Well that's a good thing and all, and Kaijin and his brothers wore a wide bright smile— but Vesta who is crying on the corner according to the sour expression he is forced to import those aren't he?

"Oi, just how much is this actually..?" I asked
"It's impossible to count how many booze imported but money-wise Vesta spent 40 Gold coins on Booze"

Are you planning on an Alcohol buffet?!

I have sympathy for Vesta's bank account but I'm grateful since I love booze and with this supply of alcohol I can already see Shizu-san doing seductive things..!

Ehem, Ehem... coming back to my senses, A plentiful amount of monsters secured by the patrol team has been line up in the front of the town's professional cooks. The Top Goblin lords under Rigurd then lay down the Black Rice on the carpets placed around the Plaza. It feels like having a hot pot but with the whole town population.

"Lady Shizu if you will..." One of the Goblin lords said

Understanding the pretext Shizu-san ignited the large pot— it seems Shizu-san's popularity in the town was growing... with her generous attitude, she would fit in just fine. 

I morphed to my human form and walk through various monsters greeting me as we prepare for the feast
"Great Rimuru."
"Great Rimuru.! Good evening"
"Good evening as well"
"Lord Rimuru!"

And such, greets are coming altogether and the warmth of Tempest I yearned to protect once taken its shape. With the pieces coming together I just remembered Milim's words to me
"The most important things are always fragile, are you ready if someday all of this fall apart" 

Or so she said...

I don't know what future this timeline has to offer but I'm going to protect this town— I'm going to protect everyone.