Chapter 1-The Masked Man

I awoke with a startle to the sound of my phone's ring tone.

'Damn it !' I muttered to myself, I had fallen asleep while studying again. Crumpled math notes covered my desk. I checked my phone to see who was calling this late at night. It was Amber, my best friend.

'Hello ?' I picked it up with a yawn.

'June I've called you 7 times ! Pick up for once !' She yelled at me.

'Chill, I fell asleep by accident, anyways, what's up ?' I replied with a chuckle.

'I figured that happened. I wanted to tell you that we're planning a sleepover tomorrow night ! At school ! Cool, right ?' She exclaimed.

'Wait what do you mean 'we' ? How is having a sleepover at school 'cool' ?' I asked with a stern voice.

'Juneeee, come on, we're graduating the day after tomorrow. Don't you wanna do something epic ? Tyler, Kelsey and Stephan are gonna be there too ! It'll be fun !' She tried to persuade me with a vivacious tone.

'Amber you know I don't like those kids, they're irresponsible and god knows what might happen.' I reminded her.

Amber met Kelsey, Stephan and Tyler at drama club last year. They came to her 16th birthday party and toilet papered her neighbor's house. Bad news if you ask me.

'Come on Juneyyy, come for me. Pretty please ?' She whimpered

Amber's been my best friend since 3rd grade so I couldn't turn her down.

'Alright, fine. I'll come. But no funny business.' I said with a sigh

'Thank you Juneyy ! I promise we'll behave ! I gotta go now, see ya tomorrow !' She squealed.

'Alright, good night' I replied, expressionless.

My eyes darted towards my clock, it was 1 am.

'Shit, I better get some rest' I mumbled to myself.

I got up to close my curtains when something caught my eye. Or rather, someone..

I grabbed my glasses to get a closer look, it was a figure, they seemed to be looking up at me. A masked person..

I jumped back with a startle, 'could someone potentially be stalking me ? Or is this one of those pranks high schoolers play ?'

I checked the window again and the figure was gone. 'Am I seeing things ?' I thought to myself.