"I shall repeat myself, take a seat, Potter."

One corner of Sara's mouth curled up as she looked straight into those snake eyes. "No."

Everyone stopped breathing at that point, Draco looking at Sara helplessly and amazed as well. He faintly remembered how the girl resisted the curse before but he didn't expect to be able to repel it when it was cast by him.

The Dark Lord's eyes narrowed, his gaze more deadly now. "How?"

"You have to expect the unexpected," the ginger wouldn't back down as she walked to the seat at the head of the table that wasn't occupied by him.

"Say, Potter, do you have any idea where your brother is?"

Sara rolled her eyes as she leaned against the fancy wooden chair. "Your little Bellatrix tried to get that out of me for a few months, still willing to try?"

Bellatrix glared at her, almost jumping out of her seat. "Don't talk to him like that, you filthy halff-blood!"

"Or what? What are you going to do? I think you've tried to break me quite enough and nothing really worked."

Someone cleared their throat from behind her and Sara turned around to see none other than Severus Snape looking at her sternly.

"Miss Potter," he nodded his greeting, making Sara sick to her stomach; he was acting like he was still her professor and that made her blood boil since he was yet another person who betrayed them to this side, to this abyss of death and suffering.

"Ah, Severus, didn't think you would make it tonight," Voldemort spoke as the greasy haired git took a seat beside him.

"I'll always have some time for you, my Lord."

Now Sara really felt like throwing up.

"Now, back to Potter's tantrum. Are you enjoying this girl? Are you ready to defy me any longer and meet the same fate as your mudblood mother?" he knew he would hit deep with those words and he did.

Sara looked like she was able to murder someone, but she was treating the situation as calmly as she could. "Death is not the worst thing that could happen to someone so I'll never be scared of it, I'm actually prepared to laugh in its face."

Voldemort seemed to raise an unexisting eyebrow. "But it is, it really is, Potter and you know why? Because you are powerless in front of it, you can't do anything to save yourself, you lose everything. That's why I chose to have power forever."

"Just as I thought, you are still very much powerless."

There were a few gasps as Voldemort started laughing coldly. "Is this some talk about love being the most powerful thing?"

"Didn't take the Dark Lord much to figure it, it seems."

"Foolish girl, just like your parents, you will be a fine meal for my Nagini sometime."

Sara just them noticed the huge snake that seemed to take up all the table, causing some of the Death Eaters to look at it with concern. She knew its venom would kill in the most painful way.

It still didn't matter.

"So then kill me, what are you waiting for?"

Rope erupted from the tip of his wand, wrapping itself around her wrists and dragging her towards him; Sara wasn't thrilled to be so close to him, her finger ached to wrap themselves around his throat, to give him what he deserved.

But he was still a little immortal and she was a mere girl.

Voldemort caught her chin in his hand, his dirty fingernails digging into her skin, making the ginger's stomach turn.

He was looking straight into her eyes or maybe even into her soul; Sara had the walls of her mind high up, practicing unbreakable so he couldn't get in as much as he tried. Neither could her even if her Legilimency was pure and his was learned.

"What are you, girl?" he hissed and pushed her away from him; instead of hitting the ground, two pairs of hands wrapped around her, helping Sara back on her feet.

Draco was looking at her with fear in his eyes; the ginger knew he wouldn't be allowed to rise from his seat without Voldemort's permission, but in the end that was bullshit.

"Take her back, Draco, and don't disobey me again."

"Yes, my Lord," the blonde replied in a blank voice and dragged Sara away, her wrist in his firm grip.

His silence was unbearable as they walked up the stairs and as soon as the door was shut and the two were back in her room, Draco exploded.

"Do you enjoy being so reckless and foolish?" he hissed, getting into her face.

"Fucking hell, Malfoy, I'm following my plan," Sara said, her stare hard on his.

"What plan? Getting killed by him?"

"There are things I can't tell you, Draco."

His expression seemed to soften when she said his name. "Just don't tempt him to actually kill you, I know you don't want that."

"Who I want dead is him, not me, yes."

Draco sighed and took a few steps back, running a hand through his hair. "Merlin forbid me from getting involved with any other Gryffindors."

Sara grinned, leaning against the bed. "And why is that?"

"Nothing," he walked to the door, his hand on the doorknob as he looked at her for the last time that night. "Potter?"

Sara looked up, a dozen things already running through her mind following the events of that night. "Yeah?"

"Just don't fucking die, okay? There are people who still need you and some that you still need."

And with that, he left, leaving her with even more things to think about.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

i couldve written this chapter so much better im so sorry