1. Child of the Sun

The sky silent and peaceful was distributed by a sudden black cloud. It stormed and growled causing terrible wind. Its gust wacks what is a gravestone where a cherry tree once was. It crumbles and breaks apart as an evil spirit awakens, causing the sky to turn a crimson red and black.
It spread like a virus.. swallowing the blue sky and sun. It took land over lands as if it was a tsunami. Oh so terrible and so cold. This evil spirit worked its magic.

In a small village, a small one inch man shouts and jumps. "Come one, come all! Get your great Goddess Amaterasu paintings!" He shouts his work, "All of them are hand-drawn with love by yours truly!" He threw his papers around hoping the villagers would seek him. "Stick them up on your house to purify your dwelling of evil! Put them under your pillow to ward off bad dreams! Keep one in your money bag and watch your wealth increase! No family should be without one! Or two! Or ten! The more the merrier, so how about it!? Why not pick one up today?"

A drawing flies by, a beautiful drawn one of Amaterasu glancing to the view of Orochi just before preparing her leap to attack.

The one inch man exhales as he sees a small child walk up to him. "All the effort and I only managed to attract one person?" He thinks for a moment, "Hey, little girl, what's your name?"

"Ayame." The girl spoke a little curious of him.

"Well, Ayame, how would you like a painting? It's on the house." He hands her a drawing.

Her eyes light up as the child smiles in glee.

"You know," he began, "I can't believe how quickly people lose faith. I mean... is 9 months of peace all it takes for humans to forget?" He thinks out loud, "But then, no one ever said it'd be easy to be a Celestial Envoy."

"What's a Celestial Envoy Ayame asked.

"Seriously...? You don't know what that is?" The inch man turns to her. An Envoy is an artist who preaches about a God through pictures." He explained for her.

Ayame nods her head, "Oh. So that's why you draw the Great Goddess Amaterasu, right?"

"That's right! But as people forget them, the gods begin to lose their power."

"So where is the Goddess now?" The child asked.

"Rikku? Well.. she's up on the Celestial Plain in Heaven."

"But I thought the plain was destroyed long ago."

The Envoy exhales a little. "She went there to revive it to its former glory. I was thinking about paying the place a visit someday. I mean without me she's probably napping."

"I see. Well good luck getting there." Ayame said, "And thank you for the picture." She turns to walk away.

"Thanks for the well-wishes, but the Celestial Plain isn't someplace you can visit because you feel like it." The Envoy stood there for some time. "No sense in dwelling. I'll take a break." He laid on the green grass. "I wonder how Rikkun's doing.. "

He took in the sun's kissing rays to his face until an Imp spooked him by obscuring his views. "EEEYAAH!" The inch man screamed. "What the heck!?" He jumps up being surrounded by two Imps. "I thought Rikku took care of the demons!?"

As the inch man jumps frantically questioning what the demons were plotting a speed of light snatched him. The Imps were confused where the little man had gone.

A small white wold growls at the demons with the inch-man on its back. It was a puppy! "Y-You're-" The inch man was in shock.

Hence the small pup enters its first battle!