Y/N clears her throat as she catches Amber's gaze. "A-Anyway, did you need something Diluc? I'm in a bit of a rush." She notices Diluc's hair is damp and the soft smell of soap she recognizes from the time she took a bath at the Winery. He must have come in a hurry if his hair is still wet.

"It's about Igor." Diluc starts. "Apparently someone claiming to be his brother came looking for him at the Dawn Winery. One of my maids, Hillie, is with him right now."

Y/N's eyes widen, not expecting this. "Probably Fatui. They're looking for him. I just found out from Igor's wife that she told the Fatui that Igor was at the Dawn Winery. If they're not blowing buildings up anymore, they're probably asking others around." Y/N hums thoughtfully. "Don't know why they couldn't just do that first instead of wrecking the poor buildings..." She adds before deciding that Ida can wait. "Do you know where up ur maid and that guy are?'

Diluc shakes his head. "No, but if they're looking for a missing person, they're either at the Adventurers' Guild or the Favonius Head Quarters."

"Wait, does this Igor person look anything like this?" Amber reaches into her sachel and pulls out a missing person poster with Igor's face on it. The picture seems to be from when Igor was still a Fatui as he's dressed in the uniform. "A man and woman came by the Head Quarters to get me to make these missing person posters for them. I was in the middle of putting them up when I heard Y/N was searching for someone I saw earlier today."

"I can look for Ida later. This lead is much fresher." Y/N turns to Diluc. "Thank you, I'll get going. Amber, you're coming with me to find that man and woman. I know where the person they're looking for is."

"You do?" Amber looks at her in surprise.

"Yep! And if they find him, we're going to be in big trouble!" Y/N responds before grabbing Amber by the wrist and dragging her off.

Diluc watches as Y/N and Amber run off back towards the Knights of Favonius Head Quarters. He looks down at his hand that Y/N had been holding the entire time unknowingly. Heat rushes to his face and he turns to walk back to the Dawn Winery, butterflies rampant in his stomach.

-----

Y/N and Amber reach the Head Quarters before stopping in their tracks. "Where is everyone?" Amber asks out loud. Her voice echoes in the large, vacant, hall. The two exhcange worried glances.

Y/N immediately makes a beeline towards the holding cells, Amber following her captain close behind. Just as they're about to turn the corner, Y/N's eyes widen as she spots the shattered window in front of them.

Y/N and Amber quickly hide behind the corner and peer their heads out. They spot a row of Favonius Guards with their weapons drawn and around twenty Fatui members standing across from them. Igor and a woman Y/N recognizes to be Hillie cower in the corner of the room between the two parties.

Crap. They found him. Y/N thinks, narrowing her eyes.

Amber whispers, "Hey, that's the Fatui I saw by your place this morning!" She points out.

Y/N follows Amber's finger to a blonde Fatui in the front of the group. Ida.

Y/N chews on her lip, thinking hard. "Is Jean here?" Y/N whispers to Amber. Kaeya left to do field work after helping me out earlier and it's book collection day for Lisa, so she's out too. If Jean's not here...

Amber shakes her head. "Today is the meeting with the Fatui Diplomats. She and a lot of the other personnel left early this morning."

I'm the only Captain here?! I'm the Investigative Captain, I'm not made for all-out fights like this! Y/N thinks to herself. Barbatos, help me! If I step out, all these Knights would rely on me! And I promised Igor that I wouldn't let him die! Y/N accidentally draws blood from her lip from nervously biting it so much. Barbatos, why can't I do anything right?! Even up until the last step of my investigation, they found us before we found them. I'm always one step behind. Y/N's heart sinks as she looks down at her feet. Her pitiful face is reflected back to her on the polished floor.

"What should we do, Captain?" Amber's voice cuts through Y/N's spiralling thoughts.

Y/N blinks blankly as she meets Amber's concerned gaze.

"Hello? Captain Y/N?"

Y/N quickly pulls herself out of her head. Right...I'm a Captain. I can't back down in the face of danger- that's even worse than coming second! She scolds herself.

Y/N takes a deep breath in, recomposing herself. What kind of example would she set to Amber if she were to run away? Y/N, get your head in the game! You're used to being second anyway, this isn't a big deal! If we don't fight now, we'll lose before it even begins! Y/N quickly swallows her hopelessness. If I'm going to be behind, the only thing to do is catch up!

She looks back at Amber's determined face. "We're going in."

-----

A/N: Howdy howdy howdy 🤠!!!

How are we feeling tonight (or morning idk it's evening for me)?

You can follow me on tumblr if you want! I'm posting my art (cough did some diluc fanart recently), writing ideas, and maybe some sneak peaks on upcoming chapters👀.....

https://boras-diary.tumblr.com/

(y tf is the image so big 💀)

This is a PSA to flip your canvas while drawing!!!! I did not in fact do that and we will not be speaking about it 🤡

-Bora 🌌