•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮•

♡︎[𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 2,2k]♡︎

„I think we should go inside." You and Peter stood in front of a big brown door. You stood there, not daring to open it. As expected, you were twenty minutes late. „We could just go home and say that we were sick." you knew that this was a stupid idea, but it was so embarrassing that you were late. „Y/n, we'll go inside now." he was really confident. „That is a bad idea, we're just late because it took me ages to get ready and-" the door opened. A tall guy in a suite stood there. „The walls are really thin." he spoke, sending shivers down your spine.

A wave of embarrassment rushed over you and probably also over Peter as you stepped into the room. „I'd really appreciate if you'd just sit down so that I can continue." his eyes were starring right into your soul. You heard how the others in the room started to giggle and to whisper. Was this really college? It felt like High school all over again. „I am sorry that I'm- that we're late and for interrupting." Peter broke the silence. „I would appreciate if you'd just take a seat now young man. This isn't high school and even if you have class clown potential I really hope that you are capable of behaving like an adult here." You could hear how Peter's heart shattered because this was the first time a teacher- or here a professor, had ever raised his voice at him. After scanning the room for an empty seat you took Peters arm and walked to the back of the room. Everyone was starring daggers through the two of you. "I am so sorry." You whispered to Peter as the professor continued talking about the human brain. "It's fine, I'm probably just gonna kill you after this." He winked making you smile.

The class was really boring. You realised really soon that your teacher was a typical old white man. He gave a shit about woman rights and made some comments that made you feel like you were living in the 1920's. Especially when he questioned the competence of a girl called Michelle Jones. She was bi racial and he made some joking remark about how she wouldn't have been able to study at this college a couple of years ago. Nobody said anything. You really wanted to help her, but Peter stopped you. He also felt bad for the girl aswell but he didn't think that the professor would tolerate someone speaking up against him. As the class was over, you packed your stuff and ran over to the girl. She was already at walking out the door

„Hey." you said making her turn her head to face you. She smiled weakly. Was that her way to say hi? You followed her down the hallway. „I'm sorry that I didn't say anything, I just want you to know that if you want to file a complain I will have your back." You spoke, meaning every word. "That's kind of you, but I don't wanna cause a scene. I don't know if he didn't like my skin color or my gender or if it was both that causes him to talk the way he did. But I feel like letting it slide would be the easiest way to handle it." She wasn't wrong. „I should have said something. I'm really really sorry. I wanna make it up to you." she smiled. „Wanna hang out later?" You asked making her eyes widen. „Oh, like today?" She checked. „Yes, but only if you want." You gave her a  smiled.  „I don't know, I never really did something like that. I like being the quiet kid, you know? It's nothing personal." You nodded and she walked away.

„Y/n!" Peter ran down the hallway. You turned around. „Did you talk to her?" The second he reached you, you continued walking towards the stairs. „Yes, I wanted to invite her but I think she doesn't like me." „I know her, she was in the same math class as me in high school." He said. „Then why didn't you help her? You're a hero, that's kind of your thing." you replied. „Y/n?! You can't say something like this out loud. That's supposed to stay a secret." he whispered. „Sorry, nobody heard it anyway." you weren't sure about that, you were just hoping. „MJ is the quiet kid. She's not an outgoing person. Not everyone is as confident as you are." was that a compliment? „I'll try that again the next time I see her." Peter just smiled. „My next two classes are here, yours are somewhere else. Can I come over later? You'll get your shirt back." You got closer and whispered into his ear. „I told you, you can keep it Pete. Oh and I don't think it's called classes here." that wasn't something to whisper, but it made him feel uncomfortable all over again.