Evie could deal with that - it was just that Dean was leaning against the wooden walls of Miss Patty's barn, eyes narrowed in distaste as he attempted to watch Paris direct Rory and Tristan performing the death scene as Romeo and Juliet.

Which included a kiss, and although Tristan hadn't learnt his lines and was calling for Paris's input every two seconds, they were well on their way there. And if Tristan actually kissed Rory, or said about a kiss that had happened before, then their plan to keep Dean in the dark about what happened at the party would have failed, and Evie would have flirted with him for nothing.

Except it wasn't exactly for nothing. Evie - although she wouldn't admit it to Rory or Jess, who had had the misfortune of meeting Tristan when he came in for coffee before the second rehearsal - she was actually enjoying the time she spent with him.

Which was no longer just in rehearsals and the breaks scheduled in around that. She had forced herself not to think too much about it, but she and Tristan had actually spent time together away from it, the girl taking the bus into Hartford after school to meet up with him and they would end up in the park, smoking.

It seemed that Evie just attracted all sorts of people with certain issues. Leo, Jess and Tristan. She had quite a talent for it perhaps, seeing as she was just as troubled as they were.

And now, she was feeling as if she was wasting her time watching them rehearse. Because Dean was always inching closer to punching Tristan, and Tristan was always ready for a fight. And to goad someone into doing it, much like he was doing right now, hovering above Rory.

"Here's to my love." The blonde announced, holding up the small blue vial to his lips and tipping his head back, pretending to swallow the 'poison' within. "O, true apothecary. Thy drugs are quick... line."

Evie let out a sigh, wincing as Paris got to her feet, frustrated. "'Thus with a kiss, I die.' How hard is that to remember?"

"'Thus with a kiss, I die' - right." Tristan repeated. "And then I kiss her.. right?" His eyes flickered over to Dean as Paris confirmed it.

"Yes. You say, 'thus with a kiss, I die' and then you kiss her - and die!" Paris sounded so incredibly fed up and Evie didn't at all blame her. She was this close to stabbing her brains out with the pencil that was balanced between her middle and index finger. She had borrowed it from Arden a couple days ago, and had her initials engraved in gold just where the red and the eraser met. Evie still had to give it back, meaning it couldn't be her weapon of choice.

"Why are you smiling?" Paris snapped. "Do you think this is a joke? The performance is tomorrow!" That was exactly how Tristan was treating it; he had told her, and so it came as no surprise that when Evie turned to the side she saw him still watching Dean, who shifted on his feet - not because he was uncomfortable, but because he was angry.

"Wait tomorrow? Oh my god!" Sarcasm dripped from their Romeo's tone. "I totally missed it the first 47 times you said it."

"I warned you, I am not going to fail this because of you. I will replace you with Brad in a second." On the other side of Madeline, Brad looked utterly terrified at the thought.

"Can we just get through the scene?" Rory's head turned, the Gilmore girl still laid still on the table that had become her makeshift spot in the Capulet tomb. Which was noticeably missing the remains of many of her ancestors, but if Paris had something to do with it then they would have as many as they needed for tomorrow.