chapter three

Charlotte's P.O.V.

I began packing up my belongings at 11:00 so I could make it to my classes at the university at 12:00. I said goodbye to Jake and some of the other people who work for the newspaper full time. I spent most of the day in classes learning about what should make the headline and sharing articles of current events or studying for exams in between classes. I loved every minute of it but the fun had to end and I had a real job, where I actually got paid, very little, but I still got paid. I don't hate working at the coffee shop but having the night shift, which is a 5 hour shift from seven to midnight, is difficult after the long tiring days I spend working and the lack of sleep I get. Also, I miss out on hanging out with my friends and having some free time. Like tonight I could be going to a One Direction concert which would be pretty awesome considering I really enjoy their music and style, but there is no way I could go.

I think about going to the concert as I pull into the back of the little shop. If I didn't work here and had more free time I would probably come to this shop for coffee and relaxing. It's a hole in the wall store that's the perfect place to go to create an essay or spend time with your friends- just my kind of place.

I tie my apron around my waist. I don't really like the full length aprons because I'm not the tallest so the short waist apron is perfect. I took the customers' orders then decide to serve. I did so for a few hours and before I knew it, it was 11:00.

"Yes," I thought to myself, "one more hour and I'm done for the day."

Since the only people left in the shop were me and a teenager struggling to finish her paper, I decided to be a good employee and sweep. About twenty minutes later I was alone in the shop and was just finishing up sweeping. Just then, I heard the bell indicating someone came in the door, ring. I looked up and saw someone I thought I would never see.

***
A/N:
Hey! So I was super excited to write another chapter so I just went ahead and did it! Hope you enjoy<3