Connections and Confessions

Start from the beginning

Kaeya reported that Ida stated she was with another group of Fatui besides the Diplomats. Percival probably entered the city with her. Y/N thinks. Which means he's part of the team hunting Igor down. Y/N almost feels saddened by the fact that Percival is on a mission to kill one of his closest friends.

"So, Dagna," Kaeya interrupts their arguing. "I take it you do know about Percival and who he is?"

Dagna hangs her head guiltily. "Yes."

"Percival does not live in Mondstadt. Whose home are you staying in?" Y/N questions.

"Percival purchased the home when he arrived here not too long ago." Dagna responds. "A Fatui woman came to our home that night and asked me where Igor is. I lied and said he is resting upstairs since I didn't want him to get in trouble at the time. She warned us, saying we are in danger and to go into the city- just Bluma and I, and look for someone named Percival." Dagna explains. "I recognized the name, so I took Bluma and left for the main city. He purchased a home for us in exchange for me to lie to the Knights of Favonius. I agreed and the next morning, I took Bluma back to Springvale where we saw it. A giant tornado ripping up our house."

"Then you probably lied about Igor being at the flower shop so the Fatui checked there. They found out you lied, I assume?" Y/N asks and Dagna nods.

"Percival came to me and offered large sums of mora if I told them the truth. He was kind and explained that the least he could do was take care of his friend's wife and daughter." Dagna shoots a death glare at Igor. "Thankfully, he cared enough about us to make sure we didn't end up homeless and starve to death!" She shoots.

Igor, looking frustrated and defeated, doesn't argue back. He simply hangs his head as he sinks in his chair.

"I broke down and told him everything. I told him I saw you leave in the direction of Dawn Winery. There was a storm that night so I told him that you might have taken refuge there." She states.

Which is what Igor said. Y/N nods. "So in summary, you sold out your husband for mora since he abandonned you two. Igor actually left to go rob a bank for you and Bluma, which I wouldn't consider better necessarily, but he really did it all for you."

Dagna's expression is a mixture of guilt, shame, and anger at her husband. "I'm sorry." She manages to whisper out.

"Well, I'd say that this session is about wrapped up, but there's something bothering me..." Kaeya says. "Dagna, you told the Fatui Igor went to the Dawn Winery?"

"Which he really was at one point." Y/N interjects.

Kaeya shakes his head. Although his face stays in his relaxed expression, his tone carries a sense of urgency. "No, I'm more worried about the winery becoming the next target in the series of blown up buildings."

Y/N's heart drops as she turns to Dagna. "When did you tell them about the Dawn winery?"

"About a week ago."

"Then why haven't they made their move yet?" Kaeya hums thoughtfully.

"They broke the Light Refractor. They won't be able to do anything for a long time." Y/N says. "The Fatui won't stay still though. They probably already adjusted their plan to accomodate for the lack of the Light Refractor."

"So the Winery isn't in immediate danger...." Kaeya mumbles, a hint of relief in his voice.

Y/N also lets out a sigh of relief. "For now, let's move on to Ida. Kaeya, please escort Dagna out while I go looking for my sister." Kaeya nods as Dagna follows him out of the holding cell.

Y/N takes in a deep breath as she leaves Igor in the cell, walking down the hall of the Head Quarters. Something tells me talking to Ida is going to be harder than I think.

-----

"Welcome back, Master Diluc." Adelinde greets the crimson-haired man as he enters the Dawn Winery. The other maids bow briefly before going back to work.

"Good morning, Adelinde." Diluc greets back as he heads upstairs to get washed up. Adelinde quickly gets the bath prepared as Diluc steps into the bathroom.

"Did any of the guests get back to us about the Wine-Tasting?" He asks through the door.

Adelinde nods. "They're all able to attend." She responds. "Oh, and someone came to the Winery asking for a guest we had a few weeks ago. Igor, was his name. His brother came looking for him. We said we didn't know and sent him off."

Diluc's eyes widen and he freezes. "Igor's brother?"

Adelinde blinks, surprised by his reaction. "...Yes."

"Igor said he's an orphan...." Diluc mumbles to himself. "Who was this brother?"

"We didn't get his name, but he was blonde and a little older than you. I don't think he's from around here since he didn't recognize the Dawn Winery immediately." She explains. "Hillie should be with him right now, actually. He came again yesterday and Hillie offered to help him out today since it's her off-day. they should be in the main city right now."

Adelinde can hear the sounds of bath water splashing around as Diluc hurriedly finishes his bath and gets dressed again. "Master Diluc?" She asks in confusion.

The bathroom door swings open and Diluc heads down the stairs. "I'm heading into the city." He states before taking his jacket off the gold coatrack. He notes the smell of Y/N's perfume still lingering on the jacket as he slips it on. He opens the front door and leaves the Winery, starting towards the city.