iii

Ikurō's (?) POV

Ikurō's (?) POV

I was suddenly in the rice field. I looked down at my hands and there wasn't blood. I wasn't a demon.

"C'mon Ikurō, why did you stop? You're almost done." My father told me sternly. I looked at him and panicked a bit.

"Gomennasai Otousan!" I bent down and started to pick the rice grains. My father was always strict with me, it's understandable because I'm the eldest from the rest of my siblings but I do wish he would get off me a bit. I sighed slightly but not loud enough for my father to hear.

A younger version of y/n came up to my father and showed him her basket already full. "Otousan! Look! My basket is full!" She cheered with that smile on her face.

"Good job y/n, I'm proud of you." My father smiled as he patted my sister's head. My eyebrows furrowed as she got more praised that I ever did.

I looked down and recognized the hardwood floors. I was all of a sudden back in the house and I felt some tears on my cheeks.

"Ikurō! You know better than to play harshly with y/n!" My mother scolded at me as she was treating the scrapes of my sister's knees. She was sniffling and wiping the tears off of her face. "Gomennasai, Okāsan.." I sniffled a bit, I felt awful.

I looked up and I was transported once again. It was night time and I sat on the edge of the engawa. The snow glistened against the moonlight. A tear ran down my cheek. I buried my face in my hands and cried softly. Why did I never get the same treatment as y/n...?

There was footsteps behind me and someone sat next to me. "Onīchan, why are you crying?" My younger sister said. She grabbed my hands and put them on her cheeks revealing my swollen eyes and dried up tears. I looked at her with wide eyes. "Don't cry onīchan, I love you and don't want you to cry." She smiled softly. Then I realized, why. Why both my parents were so strict and stern to me. Why they had treated y/n with more care and gentleness. And even through all that, y/n was still so kind and loving to me. I now know why. My purpose hit me. I grabbed and pulled her into a tight hug. I sobbed into her shoulder as she wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm so proud of you y/n, I love you so much.." I hugged tighter, her touch made me lose my composure. "I love you too onīchan! You're the best! I'm proud of you too."

Y/n POV

I sensed the demon was at his most vulnerable state, I quickly decapitated them. The head rolled down onto the ground and I noticed a single tear come out of the demon's eye. His body started to turn to ash. I went down on my knees and hugged the demons head. I sobbed. Nothing came out of the demons head but I heard him.

"Y/n, it's really me.. Ikurō. I got turned into a demon by the person who killed everyone. I'm sorry, I failed you and now I'm dying because of my mistakes"

"Please don't apologize onīchan.. there's nothing to apologize for..." I spoke into his hair. "But, I'm so proud of you. Be a hashira for me... I love you, y/n." Ikurō smiled as he closed his eyes and disappeared into ash. I felt tears on my hands and figured it was his. His body was gone too. I put my head on the ground and continued to cry.