29| Rush

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Rush

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 29: Rush (Grace's POV)

Later that same day, Ronan left me at his place with his grandma for a while, saying he had to run an errand. When he got back home later in the evening, his grandma left. We said it would make more sense for her to stay because we'd be leaving tomorrow anyway and she could stay here during that time but she was determined to leave us alone and left, taking Lulu with her. Ronan and I repeated the routine we'd developed over the past few days and then fell asleep. 

Much to my dismay, the next day we arrived back at the palace, where I got the biggest heart attack of my life when my father told me I was getting married to Lucas tomorrow. No engagement, no nothing, straight to the wedding. "That doesn't make any sense," I scoffed. 

"I know honey, but we've already delayed everything for so long. I'm afraid we have to cancel the engagement altogether and you'll have the wedding straightaway." 

I blinked and stared at him in utter shock. "How is that possible? That doesn't make any sense, dad!" 

"Honey..." He sighed, looking over at Ronan pleadingly. 

I frowned in confusion, turning to Ronan. He took a look around and then sighed, grabbing my hand. I stared at him in shock. Aren't we supposed to keep our relationship a secret? 

"Come with me," he whispered, pulling me towards the staircase and then up to my room. 

"What are you doing?" I hissed. "I thought we were keeping us a secret." 

"Not from your father," he mumbled, his eyes scanning my face. "Grace, there's something I didn't tell you. About our plan." 

"You didn't tell me anything about our plan, actually. It's your plan," I murmured, rolling my eyes. 

"I didn't want to tell you until I was sure and I couldn't be sure until your father responded and he didn't respond until this morning, okay?" he rambled quickly. 

"Tell me now then," I pleaded. 

He nodded. "Yesterday, I didn't go running an errand. I met your father." 

"What?" 

"Listen to me." 

I huffed, folding my arms across my chest and staring at him impatiently. 

"I'm the one that asked your father to bring the wedding closer. I'm the reason it's happening tomorrow." 

"Ronan!" 

"Shh!" He clamped his hand over my mouth, glaring at me. I bit his finger and he chuckled softly, pulling his hand back. "Ouch, Princess." 

"Ronan, I'm serious. What is going on?!" 

"Listen clearly, okay? It's all happening in a rush, I know—" 

"You think? I'm getting married tomorrow and I didn't even know it until now!" 

"Grace! Listen to me," he scolded. 

I stared at him. "I'm not marrying Lucas." 

"You're not. That's why the wedding is tomorrow. Your father will come up here in a minute to talk to you. As far as Judith knows, it's to explain why the wedding is happening so soon. But in reality, he's coming to tell you what we're doing, okay? Any question you have, don't ask him, ask me later."

Forbiddenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें