Chapter One

Mulai dari awal

Eleanor grabbed her pager, phone list, and trauma protocol. Running to catch up and follow Bailey, who continued on with her 5 rules. "You're interns, grunts, nobodies, bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, write orders, work every second night until you drop, and don't complain."

The group followed Bailey to one of the on call rooms. "On call rooms, attendants hog them. Sleep when you can, where you can. Which brings me to rule number three. If I'm sleeping, don't wake me unless your patient is actually dying. Rule number four: the dying patient better not be dead when I get there. Not only will you have killed someone, you would have woke me for no good reason. We clear?"

Eleanor turned to Meredith, who had her hand risen, as Bailey nodded towards her. "You said five rules. That was only four."

Bailey looked at Meredith, dumb founded and Eleanor was silently thankful she didn't say anything as the pager went off. "Rule number five, when I move, you move."

The group of interns quickly ran behind Bailey, following her to where ever they were headed.

...

"What do we got?"

"Katie Bryce. 15 year old female. New onset seizures. Intermittent for the past week. I.V. Lost en route. Started grand May seizing as we descended."

The group pushed the young woman in the hospital, turning her onto her side as Bailey directed them. "Izzie, 10 milligrams diazepam I.M."

"No, no, no. The white lead is on the right. Righty, whity. Smoke over fire. A large bore I.V. Don't let the blood hemolyze. Let's go!"

Everyone froze as Katie stopped seizing, yet Eleanor kept her hands on her, just in case.

"We got a wet fish on dry land?" Preston Burke, asked walking into the room.

"Absolutely doctor Burke." Bailey spoke as he quickly looked over her chart, nodding.

"Doctor Bailey, let's shotgun her."

"That means every test in the book. C.T.. CBC, Chem-7, tox screen. Christina you're on labs, George and Eleanor, patient work ups, Meredith get Katie for a C.T. She's your responsibility now."

"Wait. What about me?" Izzie spoke up before Bailey could leave.

"Honey, you get to do rectal exams."

...

"Yeah, sounds good." George spoke, as Eleanor looked over the mans chart.

"He'll be fine? You'll be fine." His wife spoke, happily planting a kiss on her husbands forehead.

"If you don't count the fact that my bacon days are over, sure."

Eleanor smiled before speaking up. "Your bypass surgery will be tomorrow with Doctor Burke. He's very good."

"And after that you can have all the bacon flavoured soy products you can eat." George spoke up, writing in the chart.

"Mmm, kill me now."

"I wish I could, but I'm a healer." George spoke as Eleanor snorted at the cheesy joke. George looked to Eleanor, a small smile on his face, the two quickly looked towards the door that had opened.