071. unrequited or requited love

Comenzar desde el principio

"We've been asleep for three hours—that's it?!" Maria groans, pushing him down and cuddling back into his side, letting her eyes close softly and Regulus sighs, kissing the side of her head as she grumbles and shifts slightly before sitting up in annoyance.

Regulus rolls his eyes and hands her his shirt which she shrugs on and he pushes her onto the sofa, closing his eyes for a second before opening a drawer and pulling out fresh underwear for her, slipping them up her legs and she swears at him, slapping him when he pulls them up and strokes his fingers across her clit through the fabric. He buttons the shirt up, it reaching a bit above her mid-thigh as he shrugs on his underwear before lifting her up in bridal style and carrying her to somewhere.

"What—"

He sets her down on the bench before the piano in their little room they imagined in the room of requirement. She smiles slightly, crossing her legs and turning so she's sat sideways on the seat and Regulus sits beside her and she leans her head on his shoulder. He grabs her hand in his and grips both of them underneath his own so that he can control her fingers.

"Come here." He mumbles, wrapping his arm around her waist and tugging her onto his lap, resting his chin on her shoulder as he moves her fingers on the keys, beginning to play a smooth, elegant tune. "How much do you love me?" His lips are brushing against the back of her ear, his sharp jawline rubbing against her neck.

"More than you love me." She smirks and he moves his hand off hers for a second to poke her in the side making her yelp out a laugh.

"I love you more than words can express, my dear." Regulus whispers, kissing her neck and she turns her head slightly, looking over her shoulder at him and latching her lips onto his softly.

"Okay, what do you want?" Maria smiles cheekily and he looks at her in a dramatic sense of offence.

"Am I not allowed to speak my feeling to the only person I love more than myself?"

"That's a lie." Maria rolls her eyes and he shrugs.

"Okay. . .I'm going to Grimmauld Place in the holidays, I need to speak to Kreacher and also get some more of my things." Regulus says, adjusting her on his lap so her legs are either side of his waist as she sits facing him, her legs hanging off the other side of the bench. "I want you to come with me."

"You're joking?" Maria groans exasperatedly. "Why?"

"Just. . .something that you'll enjoy." Regulus mumbles with a small smirk gracing his lips and she stares at him for a second, seeing the dimple like an indent in his cheek, one that always appears when he pulls that stupidly irresistible Black smirk.

"Fine. . .only for you." Maria grumbles making him smile and kiss her cheek gently before his eyes flash as if he remembers something and he looks at her.

"What did Avery do?"

". . .what? What are you talking about? Avery didn't do anything—"

"Stop fucking lying about this stuff, Maria!" Regulus says angrily, standing up as she gets off him and she moves some hair out of her face.

"What are you—"

"Tell me what the fuck happened!" Regulus shouts, stepping close to her and she closes her eyes for a split second, swallowing at his volume and he immediately takes a step back, running a hand through his hair. "Fuck—I'm so sorry, Ria."

"He was there."

"What?"

"He held me down." She whispers, Regulus seeing water cloud her once innocent and bright eyes that are now just pools of trauma and regret, her face now drained of the soft pink colour that had gathered on her cheeks when he'd kissed her lips and gently rubbed his thumb across her skin as he gripped her thighs firmly yet softly. "He was. . ."