Intoxicated

Shivangi's cheeks hurt by the way she was blushing. She had no reason to, though. This party had nothing to do with her. She was merely a guest, but she couldn't help but feel this party is in honour of her dreams coming true.

Maybe in a way, it indeed was her dream come true moment. A dream she has envisioned for close to over a year. However, there is someone else for whom this is dream of more than seven years and Shivangi has long back made it a habit to make his dreams hers. So, now, technically, success party of 'Enna Solla Pogirai' is her day to beam after all.

"Anne" Shivangi pulled Pugazh into a tight hug. "So happy for you."

For Pugazh, a comedian, no movie success is personal. A movie is always going to be a director's or protagonist's and never a comedian's. That is how tamil cinema works. However, this movie is special for Pugazh. Success of this movie meant success of a dear friend who has earned Pugazh's respect.

"Enna di pojai ku dan late nu paatha, innikum late." Pugazh chided making Shivangi pout.

(Why are you late?)

"Ready aaga late aaiduchu." Shivangi reasoned and it was a well deserved delay. Shivangi looked gorgeous in sleek, knee length yellow dress with broad shoulder and ruffled sleeves. Her hair was set with perfect curls and makeup took an hour more than her usual time. According to every mirror she looked at and her phone camera, Shivangi has never looked more beautiful before.

(I was getting ready.)

"Madam dan inda padathuku heroine ah?" Pugazh asked in a pretend serious tone. "Ivlo edhuku ready aagi irukeenga?"

(You are not the heroine, just a guest.)

"Anne!" Shivangi whined hitting Pugahz's shoulder. "Party na neat ah varanum illa."

(Should I not dress up for a party?)

If it was anyone else Pugazh would have loved to tease more. Since it was his sister and even though he is aware of long harbouring crush of Shivangi on Ashwin, Pugazh liked to play the observant elder brother so that both know to be wary of him.

"Avar enga ne?" Shivangi's eyes floated around the small crowd.

(Where is he?)

"Producer sir kooda pesitu irundan." Pugazh waved at the place where he last saw Ashwin.

(He was with the producer.)

"Kanome." Shivangi looked at the direction to see only producer was standing with few older men. "Naan vena poi tedi paakuta?"

(He isn't now. Should I go find him?)

"Adellam vendam" Pugazh said immediately. No way was he sending her alone in an unknown crowd. "Nee vandadhu terinja udane inga vandiruvan.Nee en kooda va anga edho sooda karama potutu irundanga. Super ah irunduchu. Namba saapadlam." Pugazh tried to distract her with food.

(No. He will be here when he knows you are here. Let us go eat something.)

Piping hot veg fritters were no match to Ashwin who Shivangi knows was probably looking hotter in brown shirt and white coat picture of which he sent her yesterday.

"Enga ne avaru?" now Shivangi was beginning to sound like a whiny child making Pugazh glare at her.

(Where is he?)

Realizing Pugazh was beginning to get annoyed, Shivangi excused herself saying she wants to use the ladies room.

With phone in hand trying to reach Ashwin, Shivangi was walking towards the restroom when she spotted him exiting through a door. It was a blink and miss and yet she knew it was him. How can she not?