Nervous About Entering High School

Coleman Heights, Maryland

Coleman Heights High School

Zena was so nervous about starting high school. She was currently at her Freshman Orientation. The Class Of 2025 was in the auditorium. Mr. Brown welcomed them, with open arms. He explained to everyone, what was to be expected. Zena felt uncomfortable. She cringed in her seat. A lot of thoughts raced through her mind. What if she got bullied on her first day of high school? What if the teachers don't like her? What if she does horrible in her classes?

Mrs. Blake, the school guidance counselor, now said a few words. "Class Of 2025, if you ever have any problems, please come see me!" she said, using the microphone. "I want everyone to feel safe and secure here at this school! My office is near the cafeteria!"

The assembly was now over, and there was pizza in the cafeteria for refreshments. The pizza was from Domino's. That made Zena really happy. She got two slices of cheese pizza, and a 20 ounce Coke. She sat down at a table. A girl, with long, brown hair, blue eyes, and freckles joined her.

"Hi, what's your name?" she asked, stuffing her mouth with pizza.

"I'm Zena, and what is your name?"

"I'm Catherine. Nice to meet you, Zena."

"Nice to meet you, too, Catherine. Zena enjoyed her pizza, and she also made a new friend. The fears of entering high school faded away. Zena and Catherine had a casual conversation, and told some funny jokes. One thing was for sure.

The 2021-2022 academic school year was sure to treat Zena well. School would be starting Wednesday, September 1st.

This story was written on Friday, August 27th, 2021.

A/N I don't blame Zena for being nervous about entering high school! That's perfectly normal! But, at least she made a new friend! And, Coleman Heights High School, is the best school in the State Of Maryland! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.