Seeing Benjamin's Grave

Roosevelt Memorial Park

Chesapeake, Virginia

Ken: His grave is over here somewhere.

SkittishReflections: *looks all over* This seems like a decent place for a burial.

Ken: This is it! The grave with all those flowers! *walks towards it*

All Of Us: *walking towards Benjamin's grave*

Me: There it is.

Benjamin's Grave: Here lies Benjamin Jackson. You may rest in peace, now. No more pain. You will be missed. 1987-2020.

SkittishReflections: All these flowers! Someone must have cared about him a lot!

Ken: Actually, those flowers were from his family members. They all came from New Jersey, to attend his funeral. Big family. Church was packed.

SkittishReflections: Wow!

Steven: I would have been good friends with him. I really would have. Does anyone have a shovel?

Ken: Why?

Steven: So, I can dig up his grave, and get the casket out, and open it. See what he looked like.

Ken: No!! The casket has been lowered!! You won't be able to get it, and its buried so deep! In other words, that would be disrespectful!

SkittishReflections: Exactly! So, this October will mark the first anniversary of his death?

Ken: Correct. On October 31st.

SkittishReflections: Oh, so he died on Halloween!!! Just so unreal!

Ken: You better believe it!! We were so glad, he died!!! He was an evil person!!

Emma: That he was!! He was so rude!

Brandon: We hardly got along!

Andrea: I had some bad vibes, about him!

Kyle: Exactly!

Alexis: We didn't see eye to eye on some things!

Ken: I know exactly what you're talking about Alexis!

Frank: Seems to me, this Benjamin fella, had his own agenda!

Ken: Pretty much. He bullied a lot of people.

Matilda: I am so sorry, that you guys had to deal with him, in that manner!

Ken: It's not your fault, Matilda! I tried so hard to handle him!

Nathan: He didn't seem like a bad dude to me.

Iris: How would you know? You never knew him!

Nathan: Just saying! He might have made some mistakes, but he wasn't a bad dude!

Ken: Nathan, you can stop right there! He died, before we even met you!! You were still in Texas! He died last year, 2020! Did we meet you in 2020? No!

Nathan: Okay, I get it! At least, he's in a much better place.

Emma: No, he's not. He's in Hell.

Ken: Yes, because he was an evil person! He bullied people, shoplifted, and he had not a kind word to say about anyone.

Nathan: So, he's burning in Hell?

Ken: Yup!

Nathan: Jeez! He didn't go to church?

Ken: Never! He was a wicked person, Nathan!

Nathan: Makes sense, I guess.

Ken: Well, we should get going, now.

Steven: Where we going?

Ken: Back to North Carolina.

Steven: Good. I am going straight to sleep, when we get back to the hotel.

Ken: Actually, we're going to swing by Oak City for a few minutes, then, we're going to Greenville, to visit Balrog!

Steven: Aw, come on!

Nathan: Exactly, this is stupid!!

SkittishReflections: Guys, will you shut up?!!!

Me: Exactly!

Kyle: The NC adventures continues!!!

Nathan: We're in Virginia, though.

All Of Us Except Steven: *gives him a death stare*

Nathan: What?! *looks confused*

Ken: Just shut up, and get back in the car with Ree! Get back in the van, guys!

All Of Us: *getting back in the van, and buckling up*

Ken: *leaves Roosevelt Memorial Park, and drives towards Interstate 64 east*

This story was written on Friday, August 6th, 2021.

A/N We seen Benjamin's grave! He was born April 1st, 1987, and died on October 31st, 2020. Like I said, in the previous chapter, please check out my book Lost In The World Of Short Stories, and read about what led to his demise. Leaving Virginia now, and headed back to North Carolina, to Oak City, then to Greenville! The North Carolina adventures keep on coming! 😁 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.