Dikhou smiled without quite meaning to.

Junak gulped down the water to the last drop.

"Thirsty, were you?" Dikhou said, unable to hide the amusement from his face.

It was like only then did Junak realise where he was. His eyes widened and he pushed Dikhou, scrambling away on his fours.

Dikhou had to bite his lip to suppress a laugh.

The woman knelt next to Junak, eyeing him like he was precious cargo. Or a bomb. "Are you okay?"

"I..." Junak looked from her to Lohor to Dikhou and then back to her. "Y-Yes, thank you."

What was he thanking her for when Dikhou was the one who did all the work?!

Letting out a deep sigh, Dikhou got to his feet. He had Junak's sweatshirt and beanie slung over his shoulder, and didn't miss the brief panic flitting through Junak's face when he realized he was wearing one less layer. It was impossibly endearing.

"Come on." Dikhou held out a hand. "Can you stand?"

Junak's eyes narrowed and he huffed like the other man had wronged him somehow. "Yes." He raised an arm and locked his fingers around Dikhou's, who then gently hauled him up.

Junak was slightly dizzy so Dikhou did not step too far back after letting go of his hold.

"What happened?" Dikhou asked.

Junak blinked, a hand resting on his forehead. "I don't – I don't know..."

"You ran a mile or so," Lohor piped in, very helpfully. "It was really funny."

Dikhou shot him a glare.

Junak's eyes widened like his actions were just now dawning on him. "You. You made me run!"

Ugh. Lohor was an idiot. Or a bastard. Dikhou knew he was a bit of both. "Technically, you made that choice."

"Because you wouldn't stop!" Junak cried. "I just wanted to talk," he added nimbly and all of a sudden Dikhou wondered if he was actually hurt.

He felt a pang of guilt in his chest.

"Whatever." Junak turned around and walked away along the way they had come. His head was downcast and his steps were small and wobbly.

"Are you going to let him walk?" Lohor asked, coming to stand beside Dikhou. "He'll pass out again. And ghosts are gonna get him."

Okay, maybe, that was starting to get a little old. Dikhou flicked Lohor on his forehead. "You go home."

"Where else will I go anyway?" Lohor made a face.

"I mean it."

"Yes, sir." Lohor rolled his eyes and turned away.

Dikhou thanked the woman who'd come running to help. She muttered something under her breath and returned to her house. Tomorrow, when the whole village would be talking about this, Dikhou was going to regret asking her help. But for now, he had more pressing matters to deal with.

He ran after Junak, catching up in a few, quick steps. "Wait, I'll give you a ride."

Junak kept walking, his gaze at his feet. "No, thank you."

Dikhou wanted to make him stop and remind him that he literally fainted a while ago. But then he remembered how he was the one who made him run all the way so kept his mouth shut.

Though, in Dikhou's defence, he really didn't expect Junak to follow.

But then again, that was the thing about Junak – he seemed to be hell-bent on defying expectations.