Despite his aversion to the icky combination between oats and the dried grapes, he accepts the offer.

As a result, Haru smiles.

No, he is radiating, a small four-year-old that already lives up to his daunting name.

He is too happy because he's munching on his favorite food with the dad that he had always been looking for.

From his silly, pure grin, Haru's simple gesture tugs at the man's heartstrings, and Gojo feels the urge to just wrap the little boy in his arms.

Bringing the cookie chunk to his lips, Gojo throws in a question that he has always wanted to ask.

"Does mommy say I'm the most handsome man in the world?"

Too engrossed in the dessert, Haru slowly lifts his little head.

Then, he gives a firm shake.

"No," he declares.

The answer comes much to the secret disappointment of Gojo, the sorcerer's self-pride suddenly taking a larger than expected blow.

The realization that you might be interested in another guy should come as no surprise.

Yet, Gojo could not help but feel the slight ache in his chest.

His mind wanders to the dream-like moments when you would pepper him with kisses before you left for work, the honeyed days when you continuously repeated how much he was the only one in your eyes.

But, of course, you were not the only woman in his own line of sight.

He regrets it.

He regrets how he had been foolish, taking advantage of your kindness and your amazingly hot body when he should really be worshipping your blessed features and planting kisses on every inch of your exposed skin.

Gojo stirs in his seat.

There is another question that he's been yearning to find the answer to.

"Then, is there someone that mommy likes?"

When Haru nods, one of Gojo's brows lifts into a surprised, questioning arch.

"Who?" he blurted.

The ensuing curiosity was creating a torrent of emotions inside of Gojo, and he didn't know how to interpret his own feelings.

Is he actually trying to become a better person?

Does he finally realize how much you mean to him?

In his seat, Haru swings his feet as he thinks, and Gojo braces himself for the reply.

"Eren Jaeger."

Haru knows it.

Occasionally, he would step into the living room to see your eyes glued on the TV screen, squealing at the incredibly toned and scrumptious man with his cute man bun.

Even though he knew that you've always been a simp for 2D fictional men, the response leaves Gojo stupefied.

"Anyone else?" the man asks, watching Haru through his shades. "Perhaps anyone that's, you know, a real person?"

Haru thinks a little more.

And a little more.

"Nanamin!" he eventually shouts, throwing his short arms into the air.

This answer perhaps stuns the man even more than the last.

The idea of his former underclassman with you is a thought that makes Gojo want to choke, spit, and gag all at the same time.

"Nanamin loves mommy, and mommy loves Nanamin!" Haru giggles when he brings his hands down. "Nanamin showed me a ring he wants to give mommy!"

Gojo subconsciously gulps.

"A ring?"

Finishing his cookie, the boy vigorously nods.

Then, he places a finger in front of his own lips. "Sh! A secret!"

Gojo absently nods.

At the start of this conversation with Haru, Gojo internally readied himself for the worst.

Kids, he knew, could be painfully honest.

Absolutely nothing, however, could prepare Gojo for the sudden and grueling pull on his heart that could have killed him in the spot.

He had wanted to believe in even the smallest chance that could mend his past with you.

But, now, another man had apparently caught your eye.

Gojo doesn't have time to think much more because Haru unexpectedly jumps from his seat and zips past the bakery's glass doors.

The sorcerer has to turn around in his seat so that his gaze could follow along.

But before Gojo could even tilt slightly in that direction, Haru's voice stops him.

"Mommy, meet Daddy!"

Artist or song recommendations? 

Trying to broaden my music taste and build a playlist for this book!

next update: next friday!