I don't want your body but I hate to think about you with somebody else

Start from the beginning

And this sudden awareness comes as a slap across Momo's face. She shouldn't have done this. She should've known better than disrupting Mina's healing process and swooping in to take the girl her best friend likes. But she's human too. Reason doesn't always triumph over emotions. How can it be so wrong to run back to the arms of the one you love?

"Stop analysing my words and speak up, goddamn it!" Mina slams her hands on the table.

"It's long overdue, but I wanna say I'm sorry. For everything. When-when I saw you with Nayeon recently, it dawned on me that I was scared to lose you completely." Momo stammers. She actually had a speech rehearsed in her mind, but being in front of Mina is an entirely different thing.

"You already lost me in Vegas years ago." Mina looks away, staring at the opposite wall. She can't face Momo like this. She doesn't want Momo to read her like an open book.

"What happened in Vegas..." Momo sighs.

"That wasn't me and Sana."

"Bullshit. I saw Sana and you, under her. I heard her scream your name." Mina spits out with distaste. It's also the first time in years she uttered her sister's name. The name feels bitter on her tongue.

"That wasn't me with her. It was a random girl we met at the casino."

"And you expect me to believe that?" Mina replies indignantly.

"Yes! Because I followed you when you ran away crying. I saw you wandering alone going to some pub. But I can't approach you, so I held myself back. We needed you to believe it was real. You needed to break up with me and hate me. I needed you to stay away from me. And then..." Momo swallows. She shakes her head in denial. "I saw you making out with a stranger that night. It turns out I knew her. I lost you to Nayeon that night, Mitang." Momo says, exasperated.

"So this is about Nayeon? You came back into my life because you saw me with Nayeon again? Don't you dare bring her into this! You can't absolve yourself from the pain you caused me all these years just because you caught me making out with someone after believing you were sleeping with my sister. I told you then, I didn't care what my father did to me. I told you I was willing to risk it for you, for us. I didn't care if I got kicked out of the registry."

"You didn't know how far your father was willing to go! Sana heard him say that you're just confused because you haven't been exposed to a real man. He was going to send you a guy to make you realise 'what you're missing'." Momo's head falls.

"W-What?"

"We were just so scared of what he was gonna to do you, Mitang." Momo tries to approach Mina a little closer, and this time, Mina doesn't flinch or move away. "When Sana heard your father talking to someone on the phone about it, she was so scared. I've never seen her more distraught in her whole life. She wanted to protect you so she reached out to me. She explained that you and I had to breakup, or else you'll be put in danger. I knew you were ready to risk everything for me, but I wasn't ready to lose you."

Mina shakes her head. "I fell for your act hook, line, and sinker, but it shouldn't have been that way. You should've told me. We could've made it work. We could've found a way out! We could've been together until now."

"Mitang, what's done is done and I'm terribly sorry. That's why I'm trying to make it up to you now. Please give me one more chance to make things right. One last."

"That's a selfish request."

"I know, I just—" Momo takes Mina's hands into hers.

"We will hurt people if we do that." Avoiding Momo's eyes was harder than what Mina expected.