'Michael?' The AI asked hesitantly.

'Yes KITT?'

'There's something else you should know.'

'Lay it on me, pal.'

'Samuel Tesler is engaged to Miss Knight.'

'Jennifer?'

'Yes Michael.'

'Wow, this should be interesting.'

'That's one way of putting it.' KITT said, Michael laughed and soon they pulled up in front of a high tech where house. Michael got out of KITT, giving him the usual reminder of:

'Keep your scanners peeled.' KITT responded with the familiar whoosh of his ruby red scanner going back and forth. Michael went over to the entrance where the guard stood watching him. 'My name is Michael Knight-'. He was cut off when he heard his name called.

'Michael!' He turned around and saw Jennifer walking over to him.

'Jennifer.' He smiled embracing his "sister".

'I take it he's with you Miss Knight.' The guard assumed.

'Yes, thank you.' Jennifer nodded as the guard let him in.

'Long time no see.'

'Yes, it has been a while. How have you been?' She asked.

'You know me, living out my James Bond fantasies.' He joked.

'Oh Michael!' She hit him playfully. 'I am sorry for what I said to you in the past, you just reminded so much of Garth.' Her mood dropped.

'I know and you were afraid of him. So naturally you were afraid of me, especially after your father died.'

'Yes, but I was wrong to be afraid of you. I am proud that we share a surname and I am lucky to call you my brother.'

'Thank you and the feeling is mutual.' The two of them shared a smile.

'So what brings you here?'

'I came to see the owner; Mr Samuel Tesler.'

'I can take you to Sam.' They then found a door saying "Owner" and Jennifer opened it. Inside was a tall thin man with light brown hair and green eyes sitting behind a desk, oblivious to their presence. Jennifer coughed announcing them and the man looked up from his paper work, bewildered for a moment until he realised who it was.

'Jennifer.' He stood up from the desk and walked over to them. 'Who's this?'

'My name is Michael Knight, I'm from the Foundation for Law and Government.'

'Wait..........Knight?'

'Yes Sam, he's my brother.'

'Well it's nice to meet you Mr Knight.' The two of them shook hands.

'Please call me Michael.'

'So what brings you here Michael?' He asked.

'I heard you were the man to see about guns.'

'Yes what were you looking for?'

'I heard you're going to be testing a new gun this week.'

'That's right, the new SC12, what about it?'

'We have word that someone might try and steal it.'

'I can assure you that it will be perfectly well protected, now if you'll excuse me I have some other business to attend to.' He said and he shooed Michael and Jennifer out.

'You'll have to excuse him, he gets so caught up in his work.'

'I hear you're engaged.' Michael said casually.

'Yes, a month next week. What about you? I hear I've got a niece.' She said raising an eyebrow.

'Yeah.'

'What's she like?'

'I'll bring her to meet you and you can see for yourself.'

'What if I come with you back to the Foundation? It's been a while since I've seen Bonnie and Devon.'

'Alright then, shall we say after we solve this case?'

'You're on.' They laughed.

Back at the mansion the decision had been made about Ashley's last name and after a long and rather tedious discussion they agreed that Ashley would use Michael's last name, Devon didn't approve, but after years of not having a surname, then having to use a fake one they agreed thatAshley deserved to use her real one.

Ashley flopped on her bed contented with how things had turned out and she stared out the window, wondering where Michael and KITT were and what they were doing. After she got bored and started to read one of the books Bonnie had bought for her until she peeked out her window and saw KITT was back, so she put her book on her bedside table and ran down to meet them.

'Michael!' She called happily and flung herself on him.

'Hey Ash.' Michael smiled. He had recently given her the nickname and she loved it.

'What happened, tell me everything.' She begged so they sat down and he told her what had happened, while Devon and Bonnie listened in.

'He still got away.' Michael finished frustrated at himself for not being able to catch the criminal.

'An all to common story I'm afraid.' Devon shook his head.

'How's Tonie? She must be devastated.' Bonnie said sadly.

'Yeah, we'd better keep an eye on her because knowing Baxter as well as I do, I can tell you, he will try again.' Michael agreed.

'Indeed, but he needs to be caught quickly or I'd hate to think of the damage he could cause. However I believe an early dinner is in order as a certain person has to attend school tomorrow.' He reminded them and they headed to the dining room.