EIGHT. after the storm where the flowers bloom

Zacznij od początku

Shiloh nodded, standing from her spot with Ashley scooting closer to the two.

"So, this girl got a Valentine's Day gift from someone and she thought that this guy gave it to her, but apparently he didn't."

"Is she upset that it's not from him?"

"Uh, I don't really know. What I do know is that the guy is in a relationship with another girl."

"So, this one girl thinks a guy in a relationship got her a Valentine's Day gift?" Shiloh questioned.

"Exactly. I just wanted some input from the Love Club girl herself."

Shiloh held a small smile, "If I were in that situation I would hope Ricky would talk to me about it, you know? Like, if he got some other girl a gift I would want him to talk to me about it first. But, why would this girl think that a guy she knows is a relationship get her a gift? That's odd, don't you think?"

"So odd." Madison chuckled, "Super odd actually."

"I mean, if the girl knew that this guy was in a serious relationship why would he get someone else a Valentine's Day gift? Unless there are some more layers to the story."

"I wouldn't know. Unless this was before you and-"

"Me?"

Madison took in a deep breath.

"Did Ricky get someone else a gift on Valentine's Day?"

Evie hit Madison's arm and pushed her to the side, "No. It's just- we wanted to know if Ricky was with you that whole day. Especially with how Dylan treated you during those times."

"Oh." Shiloh chuckled, "You could've just asked. No need to fake a scenario. Scared me for a second. I would hate to cry twice in a day." She laughed.

"Yeah, we would hate that." Evie said.

Shiloh sent the group a small smile and faced the closet again.

Evie hit Madison on the shoulder again, "Nice going, Sherlock."

"If I wasn't forced then maybe things would've gone smoothly."

"I think you did great up until the last half." Jenna reassured.

"I think that's everything we have." Shiloh said, "Jenna grab the snack box, Evie get the blankets, and Madison carry this. I don't know what portable chargers work or not."

"What are you carrying?" Evie asked.

Shiloh held her and Ashley's hand up in the air, "The baby."

The five club members left the club room and ventured back towards the bomb shelter. Jenna held a faster pace than the others and as she rounded the corner she had scared herself back.

She had noticed Big Red, Ricky, and Gina a few inches in front of her. She whipped around and noticed Shiloh whispering reassurance towards Ashley.

Evie pulled away from her conversation with Madison and looked over at Jenna.

"Ricky, Gina, and Big Red." She mouthed and gestured towards the corner.

Ever turned and bumped right into Shiloh.

"Are you okay?" Shiloh asked.

"I think I left my phone in the room. Can you go see for me?"

Shiloh nodded, "Here, take the baby."

Ashley quickly grabbed Evie's hand, "Okay, Hulk. Didn't realize your grip had gotten this strong." Evie complained.

"Good luck."