The Perks Of Being Beautiful

Start from the beginning

"Oh, how lovely! Did you plan to woo me with your spontaneous demonstrations of your powers?"

'Have you gotten used to talking to the air already?'

"Ah, I suppose I have. Your parents are out of the house?"

'Yes.'

"Alright, normally I'd knock on your door before entering, but I believe it's safe to assume that it's polite to enter, since I was invited and you don't seem to have a problem with my intrusions, even when it is I who initiates our little playdates."

'Don't call them playdates; you're not five.'

"I apologize, Kusuo-kun. I did not mean to sound patronizing in any way. On the contrary, I meant it to sound friendly, because..."

Akechi opened the door, to see Kuriko sitting in her desk chair, wearing a purple dress.

"Huh? Where's Kusuo-kun?"

'Right in front of you.'

Akechi walked up to her and poked her gently on the arm.

"Kusuo-kun? Why are you... I mean, what are you...? Your voice suddenly changed. I heard you speaking, but I don't hear your voice anymore."

'I can direct whatever sound I want into your head. Right now, I'm using the sound of my voice in this form.'

Akechi's face flushed.

"It- It really is you! But how are you doing this? Is this another one of your powers? I'm quite confused, Kusuo-kun."

'My powers allow me to change into any form I want, but it takes two hours to transform. Right now, in my female form, I go by the name Kuriko.'

"Kuriko? I suppose it was intended to be slightly similar to your given name?"

'Yes. Also, nice vest.'

"Oh, why thank you! I thought this one would be a good choice, since it's both comfortable and stylish. I'm so glad you like it, Kusuo-ku- I mean, Kuriko-chan. Please forgive me; it'll take me a while to get used to. Why did you change into this form anyway?"

'I'm taking you to a cafe,' she projected, smiling.

'Cafe? Why would he do this for a date?'

Kuriko's face heated up when she realized it was a date.

"We're going to a cafe? But that still doesn't explain why you changed. Of course, I don't mean changed such as, 'you changed your clothes' because I'm talking about your literal physical change. I can see that your face is a bit rounder, and it seems your overall bone structure has changed. Your pelvis is about four centimeters wider than before, and you appear to have grown breasts. It's truly an incredible phenomenon, but I simply don't understand why you would do this for a visit to a cafe."

'It'll help us once we get there.'

That made no sense to Akechi, but he was afraid to probe further.

'Would you like to walk? Or I could teleport us there.'

"Why don't we walk? It's lovely outside, and the longer it takes us to get there, the longer I get to be with you."

'Stop being embarrassing.'

Akechi laughed.

********************

Akechi's hand moved around slightly. With their fingers interlaced as such, the side size difference between Kusuo and Kuriko was more prominent.

"Kuriko-chan, I-"