"Absolutely not, are you crazy?" His eyes widen.

"He knows me. I used to be like a daughter to him. He'll listen to me." I wasn't sure where I stood with Ward after the many fights I got into with Rafe, and the ones that all involved JJ. I shuttered thinking about Rafe. Maybe I'd tell him about that too.

"You're not going alone." He grabs his bag, which had the gun in it.

"JJ, please let me just do this one thing alone. John B has to be there too right? Sarah? Sarah and I used to be best friends. I'm sure I'll be fine."

He hesitated, running his hand through his hair as he lifted his hat. He was looking for something to say but he couldn't figure out the right words.

"Let me at-least just sit out in the car? Watch you from a distance?" He kept quiet, trying to keep his cool. I'm sure what I was deciding to do was reckless and he didn't want me to be anywhere near that house after everything.

"Okay."

-

I looked out to the Cameron's house on Tannyhill. That house was just giant, and then I turned my head to see my house. It looked empty, no car in the driveway. I wasn't surprised, my mother was rarely home. I looked to JJ, who put the Twinkie into park.

"I'm going to watch you from here, okay? Stay in the yard if you can." His hand grazed my thigh, his thumb running circles over it.

"Okay. I'll make it quick. I promise. Just trust me on this. JB needs me."

"Okay. I trust you." His eyes wouldn't look to mine.

"Hey. Look at me." I moved my hand to push his face to look to me. "Everything's going to be okay. I love you."

"I love you."

It felt so weird saying it and we said it a lot. It made things feel so surreal. I couldn't believe that JJ Maybank actually loved me. He pulled me in and kissed me for a few seconds. His lips were cold against mine, making the hairs on my air stand up. I let out, running my hand across the side of his head. His hair was so soft, I just wanted to run my fingers through it all day.

"I'll be back."

He smiles at me as I shut the door. I walked up the yard as I saw Ward appear on the porch steps. His head was in his hands. He looked frustrated but at the same time, like he was up to something.

"Ward?"

"Rachel, I didn't expect to see you here."

"I'm looking for John B. He lives here right?"

"Yeah. He does. I haven't seen him since this morning. Is everything okay?"

"I'm not sure. You tell me."

"Everything's fine. Am I missing something?"

"You knew John B's father right? You know he went missing just about a year ago?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I think you know what I'm implying here, Ward."

"I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. John B must be crazy."

"John B isn't crazy. You killed his father, you stole our gold! The gold he worked so hard for! You ruined everything. You know that?"

"Young lady, I'm not sure you know what you're getting yourself into."

"I know exactly what I'm getting myself into! You're lying."

"Does this look fake to you?" He pulls up his sleeve and shows me a hole in his arm. "John B did this to me. He got drunk and attacked me."