🍎𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲

Start from the beginning

This time especially, you were luckier than most.

Having given your seat next to your brother to Emma, you had no choice rather than sit next to Mikey.

The booth was small, but perhaps this could work in your favor.

"Yeah brother, you do act like a child sometimes. At least someone thinks you're cute, though." Emma joked and playfully kicked your leg from under the table.

You felt your face getting flushed, so you knew you had to change the subject. Neither of the boys knew of your little crush. If they did, it'd get really awkward for you.

And that was the last thing you wanted or needed right now.

Thankfully enough though, Mikey seemed to brush his sister's comment off.

"Hey! I just can't help it, okay? And I'm certainly not cute or anything." he complained, only making the rest of you break in laughter.

Moments like this were to be cherished.

"Yeah, we know. You're the Invisible Mikey. You're not cute." you commented.

Mikey turned to look at you.

"--you're adorable."

"And that's the last straw." he said before he started tingling you.

Breaking into a laughing fit, you begged him to stop.

"M-Mikey. Stop. I-I can't breathe. Ahah- you idiot..."

Mikey pretended to ignore you for a second, but eventually he let you go to catch your breath.

"That's what you get for calling me cute y/n!" he giggled.

You, still panting, you answered.

"Then... remind me to never do that again, will ya? Cutie."

Mikey lifted his hands ready to tingle-attack you again, but you waved your hands in the air, in defeat.

"Okay, okay. I'm dropping it. If I laugh another time, I'll literally burst."

Mikey retracted his hands as your brother and Emma were laughing at your antics.

It was refreshing to do normal things teens did at your age. Your everyday life consisted of school and talk about the gang. And frankly, it stressed you out.

Constantly being worried about your brother and his well being. He might be really strong, but he wasn't invisible. Not even Mikey was, despite his well-earned nickname.

Thus, you had every right in the world to be concerned.

After that, you kept talking with each other, until you felt Mikey's hand snake its way behind your back.

Eventually, he pulled you to him and you stuck your body to his, while resting your head on his shoulder and your hand on his chest.

Mikey kept talking as if nothing had happened and you buried your face in his neck, inhaling his scent.

Draken and Emma stopped talking for a second, looking at you both. They were whispering about how cute you looked together and you were feeling your cheeks warming up.

Thankfully, your face wasn't visible to the others. But if it was, you'd be able to see Mikey's huge-ass grin as he looked at you.

"Fawning over y/n Mikey?" Draken mocked.

"Looks like someone's got a crush..." Emma joked.

"Oh, shut up both of you. I'm not crushing on y/n, you guys." Mikey attempted to persuade, but failed.

For one, his cheeks betrayed him. They were tinted in the slighted bit of red. And secondly, Draken already knew.

How could he not?

He knew just how much Mikey cared for you ever since he met you. Because he was acting differently than usual when you were around. He was calmer, more at ease.

And obviously Draken put two and two together, before Mikey himself let it slip that he liked you.

He hadn't told Emma, so she wouldn't tell you anything.

Mikey wanted his time to open up and make a move at you. And because he wasn't an expert at showing affection, he decided to take things slow.

He'd try and confess his feelings towards you, when he felt ready.

If he knew one thing was that he didn't want to see you with anyone else.

He wanted to hold you close and never let you go. Because you were the only one who could calm him down instantly. He knew he could have his guard down with you.

And it was refreshing to let himself free and be who he was, without restrictions.

In the gang, he had to put up a front. To be strong, undefeatable, motivating to everyone there.

Because if the leader faltered, the rest would follow.

He couldn't be a kid and act his age there. He had to put on a facade. For both his good and his gang's.

So knowing he was being himself in times like these, made you unbelievably happy. It was all you needed.

Mikey smiled as he caressed your head. He was sure now.

One day, he'd find the courage to tell you all he wanted. Soon enough.

He'd tell you all about his feelings...

A/N: hey everyone!!

A/N: hey everyone!!

sorry for the lack of updates this past week. school doesn't start for another week or two, and i'm going on late vacation, so things have been kinda hectic lately.

i will update more sporadically now that we're close to schools opening again, but i'll try to publish one or twice a week at least.

thank ya for sticking with me & hope you enjoyed <3